Rocket Insights (part of Dept) is growing fast and we're looking for folks that want to work with peers and clients that enjoy building great products together. Our philosophy is to hire smart, client facing engineers that can both understand our clients business goals and write elegant code.
Rocket Insights is a small but growing, tight-knit group of experienced engineers and designers that love building products with like-minded folks. We are all on the same team working together toward the same goals, and we all help each other along the way. Some of the things that we believe in:
- Great UI/UX is critical: aesthetics, animations, copy and speed are all part of this
- Code quality is a top priority; style guides, code reviews, best practices
- Collaboration: great communication is the key to any project
- Strong opinions, lightly held: we all have our tech favorites, but its important to be open-minded to new ideas
- Constantly curious: we're constantly learning/evolving through guild meetings, lunch & learns, conferences and practice
- A healthy work/life balance: getting home in time for dinner is important
We focus on building great products with clients that we enjoy and respect. Our work has improved people's lives, been seen by millions of users, featured in the app stores, had books written about it, featured in the press, received awards and, most importantly, brought delight to users.
We are growing fast and looking for individuals that are passionate about the development process and not timid about working directly with clients. Our philosophy is to hire smart, client-facing engineers that can both understand the client's business goals and write elegant code.
- You love being a developer and are passionate about mobile.
- You are up to date on the latest trends in the ecosystem and consider yourself a thought leader. You are curious enough to constantly be trying out new things and experienced enough to know when the new shiny thing is not appropriate for a project.
- You are in love with UI/UX and are always looking for ways to push what can be done.
- You have deep experience in UIKit/CoreAnimation and know how to bring interesting animations to life.
- You have a good understanding of the network and data layer and are able to craft solutions to make an app feel lightning fast. Most importantly you are delivery focused
- You want to ship something to users, get their feedback and iterate. The drive to ship something enables you to take down obstacles and break hard problems into solvable chunks so that you can make forward progress.
What your day will be like:
- You will be working on mostly greenfield apps for well known brands.
- You'll be working alongside other Rocketeers; both developers and designers.
- You will commit code every day and push up a PR for your peers to review.
- You will review PRs from your peers.
- You will actively help improve our practices and approaches to building apps.
- You will be home in time for dinner
More Jobs From