There's going to come a day when you need to get something notarized. When that day comes, wouldnt you rather do it from your kitchen? In the same time it takes to make a sandwich? Notarize is the first on-demand notary platform, allowing anyone to notarize a document online and empowering businesses to send, track and collect notarizations. We're helping people execute the most important transactions of their lives and streamlining operations for countless industries.
We are looking for iOS Engineers who want to buildand implement our iOS application features and other future product offerings. Notarize iOS engineers are able to rapidly build high-quality iOS applications. Well-qualified candidates have an excellent knowledge of the iOS platform, Test-Driven Development, performance, debugging, refactoring, design patterns, and other important programming practices.
What you'll do as our iOS Engineer:
- Develop the iOS experience using Swift and Obj-C
- Advance technical standards and quality
- Collaborate with other engineers in API design and development
- Help triage bugs, track software defects, and ensure their timely resolution
- Propose solutions for refactoring the existing codebase
- Improve our testing & tooling
What we look for:
- You have great attention to detail
- You have a deep understanding of modern iOS development
- You know how to write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented code
- You care about quality and enjoy writing unit tests
- You have released at least one app or have a project in the works that you can tell us about
- Authorized to work in the US
Our Engineering culture:
- Learn it: Notarize has a strong focus on mentorship, with regular 1:1s, reviews, and check-ins to ensure that you are learning & growing as an engineer. Your manager will help you set personal goals, support your learning, and track your progress against those goals, to encourage you in the growth of your career, wherever it may take you.
- Communicate it: You'll be part of a small, cross-functional team (no silos) with a highly collaborative process that values thoughtful communication, not just with other engineers but with all parts of the organization.
- Ship it: We have a very tight (almost continuous) deployment cycle. We ship code 1x/week with some nightly builds (both web & mobile), with a focus on small features & improvements (no monster merges).
- Fix it: Were a small startup with big plans, and theres so much to do. Whether its an antiquated legal process, an edge-case user interaction, a quirky piece of code, or a desk that hasnt been put together yet, we show up every day with the goal of digging in and leaving something better than we found it.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Choice of equipment
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Friday lunches & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
- Seltzer & cold brew on tap
- Fun & easily accessible location (Back Bay, right near the Pru)
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.