Are you an experienced iOS developer andwould like to make driving safer and more affordable? Do you want to work for a small, growing startup to build and evolve our iPhone apps? In this role you would be programming in Core Motion and Core Location APIs, and implement algorithms designed by our data science team and using networking protocols to send and receive data from a backend server. The ideal person for this role will be someone who is able to weigh both technical and business considerations, works collaboratively, communicates articulately and inspires people to be awesome!
- Own the development of our iOS app store and B2B applications and SDK
- Scale mobile team processes; improve release pipeline, test automation and monitoring (trip capture, battery and data usage, car crashes, etc.).
- Help embed algorithms initially developed to run in the cloud back to the phone.
- Confidently advocate for the iOS platform e.g: evaluate new frameworks, mentor the team, and help lead the iOS technical vision at TrueMotion
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- 2+ years of experience working with key technologies for the iOS platform (Swift, Objective-C withexposure to the following frameworks: Core Data, Core Location, Core Motion, MapKit, Push notifications and UIKit)
- Experience distributing apps to the Apple App Store, as well as navigating the Apple review process
- Experience architecting mobile application code for end user delivery, white label delivery, and SDK delivery
- Experience working on applications consuming JSON from RESTful services
- Astrong intuitive sense for good user experience
- Knowledgeable abouttest driven development (TDD), behavior driven development (BDD), and debugging.
- Previous experience building Android applications or willingness to learn Android
- Knowledge of Agile planning and estimation
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun-run around the Boston waterfront
- Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thursday afternoon
- Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Red Sox games, volunteer to clean-up the Esplanade, etc.
At TrueMotion we build solutions that make driving safer, lower cost, and more fun. We use the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. We believe distracted driving is a solvable problem and partner with insurance companies and other relevant organizations to drive change (pun intended). We are a band of entrepreneurs dedicated to our mission and having fun at our office on Fort Point Channel!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.