International Tax Director
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
The Director of International Tax, will be responsible for managing all US and foreign tax laws and ASC 740 requirements related to cross-border and other activities conducted outside the US. This position reports directly to the VP of Tax. Building working relationships around the world and being a team player are critical in this role.
- Manage the international and US compliance reporting related to foreign entities
- Support the tax accounting provision process for international operations under ASC 740 including the planning for permanently invested earnings outside the US under APB23 and the calculation of international income tax reserves under FIN48.
- Research and analyze U.S. federal and international tax issues about entering new markets outside the US.
- Develop and implement tax planning strategies to minimize U.S. and foreign taxes
- Advise business and functional leaders on tax risks/opportunities on contracts and other proposed transactions
- Prepare quantitative analysis of planning ideas and transactions to ensure proper application of U.S. and foreign tax principles and consideration of risks involved
- Assist on tax aspects of international M&A transactions
- Assist in preparation of transfer pricing studies
- Maintain and enhance current cost sharing arrangements
- Communicate with foreign tax authorities or representatives to secure tax positions in foreign jurisdictions
- Prepare technical and non-technical memoranda and correspondence for files and internal clients
- Manage the international tax components of tax audits. Timely responding IRS IDRs and related research will be required.
- Research and analyze U.S. federal income tax issues related to IRS audits of international matters
- Prepare research and advocacy memoranda and protests in support of positions in tax controversies
- Analyze the impact of potential law changes on the Companys tax posture
- Responsible for managing international indirect taxes
- Assist in managing external tax advisors
- Manage and mentor a team of 2 tax professionals
- Other jobs as needed
- At least 10 years of tax experience with multinational corporations or public accounting
- At least 5 years of international tax planning and management
- Ability to communicate / present issues in a clear and effective manner across all levels of the company including external auditors
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong teacher and mentor
- Strong computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors degree (accounting preferred) and a CPA, Masters in Taxation or equivalent.