Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
iRobot Corporation, with a mission of empowering people to do more is at the forefront of the development of robotics and artificial intelligence technologies. iRobot has become one of the worlds preeminent specialist designers and builders of consumer robots. iRobot invests in the development and growth of its people, in a culture of empowerment, innovation and fun. Come work with some of the most talented and influential people in the robotics field utilizing cutting edge technologies, in an exciting, fast-growing industry!
As our Internal Audit Senior Manager, you will play a leading role overseeing the planning and execution of operational audit projects and the overall internal control over financial reporting (SOX) program. Serving as a player-coach to the internal audit team, you will be expected to establish yourself as a strong source for perspective on the financial reporting, compliance and business-related risks iRobot is facing as the company continues to grow and expand its direct-to-consumer capabilities.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
- Plan, supervise and execute financial, operational and compliance audits with clear and concise reporting that enables positive change.
- Gain a deep understanding of the emerging processes and systems used to facilitate the flow of transaction data related to our direct-to-consumer business.
- Strengthen the overall internal control environment by leading initiatives and audit projects related to control standardization, automation, rationalization and optimization.
- Drive risk assessment and audit planning activities to identify value-add projects to include in an agile audit plan.
- Plan and execute a portion of the Companys SOX compliance efforts, including developing a testing strategy, documenting materiality and scoping assumptions, designing the testing schedule, coordinating internal resources and external auditors, facilitating testing efforts, monitoring testing progress and concluding on the design and effectiveness of the Companys control environment.
- Develop and coach a team of motivated internal audit professionals. Expand internal control training to a broader base of internal control owners and key stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement of the department by developing, documenting and refining internal audit methodologies, deliverables and best practices.
- Prepare reporting for iRobot leadership and the Audit Committee on risks, operational audit results and SOX testing progress.
Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of demonstrated career progression in corporate finance and/or accounting roles, preferably with internal controls/audit experience. CPA/CA, CIA, or CISA, and Big 4 experience is preferred.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in accounting, finance, business, information systems or related field.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal that demonstrates the ability to speak the language of the business not just audit speak; ability to speak persuasively and defend complex positions effectively.
- Intellectually curious, highly motivated self-starter that is solutions-oriented and innovative with a desire to continuously improve business processes and the control environment
- Able to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Can articulate the relevance of root causes and issues across audit engagements and conduct trend analysis to determine the impact across the organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP, PCAOB, COSO and business laws and regulations including the FCPA.