Simplisafe is looking for a Director of User Experience Design as we scale our Design team. In this role, you will lead the user experience design of the hardware/software user experience of our next generation of Simplisafe branded home security products. This role is a great opportunity to influence across all digital and physical touchpoints of the user journey.
Today, we are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against the entrenched giants, like ADT, and the new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in this ever-growing IoT home automation security space, we must learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively. In service to this challenge, we are expanding our Product Design team to produce the most cutting-edge designs on the market for our future products.
What youll do:
- Lead a team of UX and Interaction designers to implement our ambitious roadmap of product and service features.
- Drive the vision for product, app, and service interaction across the user journey from the out-of-box setup experience through day-to-day engagement and support.
- Translate user insights into digital and physical experiences that are aligned with our design principles.
- Collaborate with the research, product management, and other multidisciplinary teams throughout the design process.
- Develop new processes to ensure design and delivery of consistent, engaging, and reliable user experience to our customers.
- Lead the exploration of complex needs and the transformation into easy-to-use, beautiful, engaging hardware/software designs for Simplisafe customers.
- Be creative with new-to-the-world physical and digital interactive experiences.
What youll need to be successful:
- Systems thinking: You love complex questions and use your work to communicate that complexity in simple ways
- Strong Portfolio: You have an elevated sense of design. You know how to bridge experiences between hardware and software
- Prototyping: You are ready to learn from failure, embrace an iterative process, and you understand that success comes sooner with trial and error. You have hands on experience in creating low and high fidelity prototypes, at speed. You love to build things with your hands and on the computer.
- Team Skills: You work best in a participatory, team-based environment. You lead and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction, vision, and planning of deliverables
- Openness: Designers need to be flexible and open-minded. You are optimistic, creative, generative, and open to new ideas and ways of working
- 7+ years of physical/digital interaction design experience outside of academic training
- Bachelors and/or graduate degree in Human-Factors Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Product Design, or other relevant degree
- Experience with a variety of interactive prototyping tools.
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurens in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there werent any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a no-ego, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Bostons Best Places to Work in list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company youd enjoy working for, wed love to hear from you!