American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Licensing. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Senior Integration Specialist will play a critical role in Technical Services Department. Specifically, this individual will be the liaison between clients and the American Well integration development team. They will conduct onsite and remote discovery sessions to understand, document and convey client technical architecture, intended American Well platform use cases and the applicable integration design to facilitate their implementation. They will become SMEs in the American Well out of box platform and integration capabilities and will utilize their healthcare industry expertise to recognize the need for custom development and advise clients on the best design and specifications to achieve their goals. Working hand in hand with development and Professional Services, they will be accountable for the delivery of a holistic, quality and timely integration solution. Finally, we are looking for someone to be able to work on site from our Boston office to collaborate with the team, this is not a remote position.
- Lead client-facing presentations and workshops that communicate our technical capabilities, diagram client specific platform workflows and subsequently break them down into message specifications and technical requirements that can be used for coding efforts
- Manage the integration project steps from discovery through go live ensuring that established milestones are achieved, code is progressed through the various environments successfully and applicable administrative work in project tracking tools is accurate and thorough
- Manage communication amongst the internal and external IT project team ensuring alignment on the proposed scope and execution path escalating to leadership when appropriate
- Represent technical status, concerns and blockers on weekly client project calls.
- Author unit test plans that align with requirement to ensure development deliverables align with requirements
- Collaborate with clients to expand their own testing scenario suite and facilitate their testing execution
- Maintain client-facing project collaboration sites ensuring proper access is distributed, content is timely and accurate
- Author and enforce documentation of client-specific workflow diagrams, client-specific message specifications and technical requirements
- Contribute to internal knowledge base and best practices, creation of new templates as needed.
- 3+ years of project management, systems analysis or consulting experience, particularly vetting and delivering custom healthcare solutions as scoped with significant cross functional interdependencies.
- Experience coordinating with third/external parties on both definition of business problems and development of the associated technical solutions
- Extensive experience with healthcare interoperability and messaging standards, including but not limited to HL7 2.x, HL7 3.x, HL7 FHIR, IHE integration profiles and technical frameworks, and X12 HIPPA transactions and code sets
- Expertise with interface engines and/or enterprise service bus architectures. Orion Rhapsody experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of SQL is required
- Working knowledge of Jira/Confluence
- Familiarity working in Agile environment
- Working knowledge of networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, )
- Strong relationship management experience particularly influencing others in a decision process
- Self-starter, curious, accountable, enjoys a healthy level of autonomy, strong work ethic, able to succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity start up environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills expert listening skills is a must.
- Extensive experience relaying technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Expertise in creating complex technical solutions based on client business discussions and decisions.
- Demonstrated expertise with many successful external client technical implementations that involve integration.
- Demonstrated expert problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excels at multi-tasking and managing multiple high-priority customer engagements at once. Expert at prioritizing ones own work.
- Comfortable operating with all levels of an organization including C-suite.
- Comfortable engaging or leading sessions without having all the information on hand. Demonstrates agility and welcomes change.
- Ability to travel up to 30% - intermittent and typically 2 days per week when necessary.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Business, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field or equivalent. Advanced degree in any of the areas above is a plus.
Should you join American Well and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state-of-the-art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all our users.
Whether youre an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team
Working at American Well:
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks
More Jobs From