Knovva Academy is at the forefront of changing the way teens interact with education and the world around them. We are dedicated to build a global blended learning ecosystem by creating the most exciting global education programs and online courses. We’re working to build tomorrow's world leaders and we need some of the best on our team to grow with us and help us continue to expand our reach, perfect our programs and create lasting relationships with the educational community.
If this sounds like an amazing place to work already, there’s much more. We are an entrepreneurial startup that nurtures our talented employees with great benefits and opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. Knovva academy is a passionate work environment with an international atmosphere and a welcoming staff. On top of our competitive salary and benefits, we also offer global snacks, WFH Fridays, group outings and many more perks to come. Knovva’s core belief in the importance of diversity and open mindedness is reflected in both the programs and in its work space. Knovva is located in Boston’s innovative Seaport District.
If you’re ready to use your skills to help shake up the education world, Knovva Academy is the place for you.
The Inside Sales Representative develops and maintains relationships with new and existing customers within the K-12 education industry primarily through phone calls and emails to increase sales of products and/or services. The Inside Sales Representative, under the guidance of the Business Development Executives, develops customer engagement and sales strategies designed to uncover customer needs.
● Effectively and independently deliver Knovva’s vision & value proposition for the given solution, demonstrating a keen understanding of market conditions, competitive landscape and client’s business goals and pressures.
● Gathers marketing information regarding customers, competitors and pricing as well as implements sales strategies set forth by senior management.
● Research leads and initiate outreach efforts via email and phone, including cold calling to extend initiatives with the company.
● Track and update customer sales information and status of pipelines in CRM system (HubSpot).
● Secure appointments and conduct product demonstrations online and offline; follow up appropriately with all contacts.
● Provide and update target prospect research including appropriate contacts.
● Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity and provide feedback.
● Ensure handoffs to community management, development and support are successful, and exceed customer's satisfaction.
● Ensure reporting and communications is frequent and bi-directional.
● Coordinates with the BD Manager and proposes an agenda weekly.
● Handling web and phone sales inquiries to determine the region, purpose and nature of the inquiries.
● Coordinates sales reporting & forecasting processes used within the organization. Maintain key analytical Sales KPIs and dashboards including: pipeline management, sales analytics, and financial forecasting.
● Managing and distributing conference event attendee lists for sales and marketing events and managing those lists for sales to be able to identify and communicate with potential leads in attendance.
● Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
● 1-3 years of relevant industry sales experience or equivalent experience required (Education strongly preferred, Education Tech, IT, Software)
● Demonstrated success in inside sales and/or lead generation ● Exhibit a positive, friendly and helpful attitude with customers and to be sensitive to their needs.
● Strong interpersonal skills, ability to clearly communicate both via phone and in written format.
● Superb customer service and relationship building capabilities.
● Prior experience with Hubspot and CRM software is highly preferred
● Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
The Inside Sales Representative is a full-time position based in Knovva Academy’s office in the Seaport neighborhood of Boston. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Travel is expected. Must be authorized to work in the United States; sponsorship is not being offered at this time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as defined by federal, state or local law. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply: Please submit your résumé along with a cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls, please.