Inside Sales Associate
Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
iRobot is seeking a Business Development Associate to join our growing educational robots team reporting to the Business Development Manager. The ideal candidate will have experience in B2B sales with excellent phone and presentation skills. The Business Development Associate will drive sales of our growing line of educational robots through multiple vehicles - our existing customer database, existing leads, tradeshows, and lead lists. This role will research prospective customers, create outreach strategies, and identify sales opportunities. Additionally, you will conduct exploratory conversations with potential customers and successfully position iRobot Education Robots.
We are looking for someone to help us establish and own strategies for scale and growth who thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Ideally this person is looking for high-growth opportunities and the chance to take on new challenges with great upside.
- Drive sales outreach and develop business for iRobot Educational Robots into Schools, Camps, Museums, and Learning Centers
- Conduct volume prospecting (50-75 activities per day) to qualify leads through calls, emails, webinars and social media. Leverage leads from website inquiries, regular webinars/speaking engagements, marketing programs, and advertising
- Develop new business relationships and generate new revenue through cold calling and email correspondence
- Schedule discovery meetings for the sales team to further assess a school's need for iRobot’s Educational Robots
- Conduct needs qualification calls with specific prospects as assigned
- Consistently achieve or exceed quota targets to new and existing customers
- Manage inbound purchase order management, processing and tracking
- Ensure that client issues and/or concerns are managed and/or escalated to appropriate levels
- Record sales activity in CRM (HubSpot or Salesforce).
- Attend Edtech related tradeshows and manage booth material and engage visitors
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with a sales or account management team, preferably in a start-up or fast growth environment
- BA/BS degree in Business or Marketing or equivalent experience
- Passionate goal-oriented self-motivated professional
- A firm knowledge of email marketing, webinars and database management
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Customer Relationship Management Software, such as HubSpot or Salesforce
- Experience with a B2B sales process with a firm grasp of solution selling
- Proven ability to influence others and the capability to drive sales
- A verifiable track record of consistently meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and presentation skills. Clear and articulate communication skills and the ability to effectively drive a phone conversation.
- Exceptional organizational skills
Additional experience a plus:
- Previous experience in K12 market
- Experience in Edtech sales or account management
- Experience selling SaaS products and services
iRobot is an Equal Opportunity Employer.