The primary responsibility of this position is to provide engineering level support to ensure the proper operation of the Fuze cloud platform. You will have the opportunity to apply your systems administration, public cloud experience, network management, and development operations skills in a hands-on fashion. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the continual development and improvement of tools, processes and procedures associated with platform operations. This position requires a multi-team, cross-functional approach to meeting business needs. The Infrastructure Engineer works closely with the other groups within the business - networking, data center, storage, security and architecture and is expected to have, maintain, and develop knowledge in multiple technical areas. As an integral part of the infrastructure support team, you will learn what is necessary to successfully operate a cloud service platform that supports 1000's of enterprise customers, while at the same time honing your technical skills across a wide variety of disciplines.
- Provide continuous support for the virtualization infrastructure (VMWare)
- Automate operational tasks in networking and systems to achieve higher value.
- Ensure that all supported environments are monitored to provide alerts when there are problems (including performance); when problems arrive, root cause analysis is completed
- Facilitate infrastructure configuration and design within AWS.
- Participate in the design, planning, and implementation of new projects/technologies and ensuring that the solutions are highly available and performant
- Document designs and procedures in our wiki in a clear and concise manner.
- Work with the Operations/DevOps and application development groups to ensure that they have the resources required to support the application environments
- Manages, upgrades, and patches virtualization and storage systems. Ensures system security, stability, and performance.
- Responsible for providing support, advice, and coordination for system administrators in other departments
- Able to patiently and effectively communicate complex concepts to audiences with varying skill levels, in person, on the phone, and via email.
- Strong written and communications skills with a demonstrated comfort level authoring non-trivial documents with both text and graphical elements and using these documents to keep different types of constituents informed about what is going on.
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (applications, network, system, hardware).
- The position requires an organized, highly motivated individual that has excellent project and task management skills.
- The candidate must be a self-starter and thought-leader for the Infrastructure department and is expected to bring ideas to the table for consideration.
- Experience with managing public cloud environments (Amazon preferred)
- Hands on experience with VMware ESX and vCenter tools preferred
- Operational experience with SIP, RTP, and XMPP protocols a big plus.
- Experience with monitoring and troubleshooting tools (e.g. Nagios, NetScout, Observium, Smokeping)
- Storage and backup administration (Nimble, Comvault)
- Network engineering and troubleshooting skills
- Protocols: TCP, UDP, ICMP, SMTP, SNMP, SIP, DNS, NTP.
This is your opportunity to join an exciting business that is poised for significant growth. You will work closely with technical and management teams, who have a proven track record of building successful companies in the IaaS, SaaS and enterprise software spaces.