Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Virgin Pulse values and celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. As a global employer, we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Who you are
Reporting to the Director of Information Security, the Information Security Associate will be responsible for delivering on operational activities in support of the overall Information Security Management System and driving continuous improvement in the organization’s security posture. This is a hands-on roll in which a relationship-oriented individual will succeed. In addition to delivering operational security initiatives, the role includes liaising with both internal and external stakeholders on a continuous basis.
In the role of Information Security Associate, you will wear many hats though your talents will be crucial in the following areas:
- Conducting third-party security reviews.
- Supporting Client Success, Sales, and RFP teams with responses to security questionnaires and requests for information.
- Assist with Information Security policy creation, implementation, and compliance monitoring.
- Perform operational and administrative tasks in support of the ISMS.
- Reporting of security metrics from corporate tools.
- Create reporting to demonstrate the effectiveness of the Information Security program.
- Maintain client facing Information Security documentation and evidence.
- Develop and optimize functional Information Security related processes.
- Support Information Security requests from internal users, vendors, clients and prospects.
- Gather and analyze metrics to benchmark the Information Security function to aid the identification of trends and recommend process improvements where required.
- Schedule and deliver Information Security education and awareness training throughout the organization.
- Assist in risk assessments of technical projects.
- Carry out any supplementary tasks or projects as needed to support the broader IT Operations, and Corporate Security functions.
- Support information security event, incident and breach response activities.
What you bring to the team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Associate Degree or 3+ years’ experience in an analysis, research or documentation-based Information Security role.
- Experience with project management and project analysis.
- Self-motivated with a preference for fast paced work environment.
- Team-oriented and effectively collaborative.
- Possess a solid understanding of corporate and SaaS technical environments.
- Desire to progress within the Information Security / Risk Management career path.
- A solid understanding of Information Security Management / Risk Management frameworks.
- Familiarity with supporting Information Security programs in a growing company, preferably in the healthcare industry.
You also take pride in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- Capacity to remain calm and coordinate through stressful, high-pressure and fast-paced situations.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and take direct instruction during emergencies.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to explain complex concepts to users at all levels of the organization.
- Analytical thought process.
- Ability to learn systems and processes quickly.
- Broad based application support experience.
- Self-motivated, and willing and able to learn and work independently when applicable.
- Strong project management skills and ability to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Security Competencies:
- Ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse information assets, systems and networks is not compromised.
- Ensure industry best practice Information Security, Privacy standards and high-level Information Security objectives are adhered to and achieved.
Work to maintain system and data security at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Adhere to industry best practice coding standards and verify all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities (OWASP/CWE).
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.