Information Security Analyst
Information Security Analyst, Framingham, MA
Applause is looking for an Information Security Analyst to join our team in our headquarters located in Framingham, MA office. Here in Framingham we create and maintain the heart of our business a SaaS platform that enables our hundreds of thousands of in-the-wild testers to provide quick and meaningful feedback to the worlds largest app-creating companies. We still work like a startup in small, fast-paced, energetic groups but with all the perks of a larger organization.
As an Information Security Analyst at Applause you will:
- Assess, investigate, and resolve Infosec-related issues or requests, across both product and corporate environments
- Analyze new and existing SaaS software/vendors to understand and mediate overall risk
- Respond to events within the monitoring infrastructure, identifying false positives and engaging the team as needed to address relevant issues
- Collaborate with Director of Infosec as well as multiple teams within Product and Engineering to evolve our approach, tools, and process
- Assist in overall compliance efforts, monitoring controls and documenting operational evidence where needed
Applause is the worldwide leader in crowdtesting and digital quality. Software is at the heart of how all brands engage users, and digital experiences must work flawlessly everywhere. With highly-vetted testers available on-demand around the globe, Applause provides brands with a full suite of testing and feedback capabilities. This approach drastically improves testing coverage, eliminates the limitations of offshoring and traditional QA labs, and speeds time-to-market for websites, mobile apps, IoT, and in-store experiences.
Thousands of leading companies including Ford, Fox, Google, and Dow Jones rely on Applause as a best practice to deliver high-quality digital experiences that customers love.
- Handle information security requests from the business effectively and in a timely manner, while validating policy and regulatory requirements are being satisfied.
- Regularly monitor, investigate, and suggest tuning improvements to alerting within the internal control environment.
- Contribute to information security team analysis and planning efforts, making process and configuration suggestions, as well as aiding in risk/impact assessment
- Gather data on existing state of the environment
- Execute day-to-day operational tasks in support of overall security and compliance program objectives.
- 2+ years technical experience in IT (with substantial security focus), or 1+ years dedicated information security experience.
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- Firm understanding of networking and operating system concepts
- Familiarity with Cloud-based Infrastructure
- Experience interacting with a development team to scope issues and understand events is a plus.
- Familiarity with both Linux/OSS environments as well as Windows/AD corporate environments is a plus.
- Familiarity with SOC2 and GDPR privacy regulations is a plus.