Information Developer III At Vertica - U.S. Remote
Job Title: Information Developer III At Vertica - U.S. Remote
Location: Remote Eligible (Anywhere within the U.S.)
About the role:
Vertica believes that each of us knows the work environment that makes us the most productive. Thats why we provide our employees with the ability to work how and where they will be the most successful. We enable a flexible approach to work location, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office or from home, or a combination of both, but you make that choice including where you choose to live. Vertica invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments to empower employees to work productively in the setting that meets their personal needs. Thats why were so proud to have a highly productive and engaged team in every function of the company.
Vertica is looking for a talented Information Developer to join our tech-savvy technical documentation team. We create user-focused technical documentation for customers of our unified analytics platform. In addition, we create content for our user community in the form of blogs, best practices documents, and articles about connecting to a Vertica database from our technology partners.
The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be familiar with technical writing standards, be deeply inquisitive, and willing and able to learn new technical skills. You'll be working closely with cross-functional teams of software developers, QA engineers, and other writers to create high-quality documentation. If you're a voracious learner and constantly curious about technology and the world of big data and machine learning, come join a team where your input makes a difference every day.
- Analyze customer requirements and product specifications to create user-focused documentation for the Vertica database and analytics engine.
- Design and develop user guides and community content for an audience of end users, database administrators, internal support engineers, and product developers.
- Work closely with teams of software engineers, QA, Support, Product Management, UX, and Marketing.
- Write blogs, best practices documents, and troubleshooting checklists for the Vertica user community.
- Create, review, and test SQL examples in the documentation and provide feedback on ease of use and clarity to product development.
- Develop an understanding of how our customers use the product and based on their feedback, improve the documentation.
- As a member of the Vertica documentation team help develop standards and improve documentation consistency.
- Become a subject matter expert on your product areas and help define and improve product requirements.
Education and Experience Required:
- A degree in Technical Communications, Computer Science, or related technical/communications field, and/or equivalent experience as a technical communicator.
- 3-5 years of experience as a technical communicator.
- Ability to learn new technical skills quickly.
- Familiarity with structured authoring guidelines.
- Ability to provide quality writing samples
Nice to Have:
- Experience with SQL, databases, and machine learning is a huge bonus!
- Experience with Madcap Flare and wiki-based tools.
- Experience with bug-tracking software and source-code control applications.
- Experience making videos with Camtasia or other tools.
- Experience with UX writing.
- Experience creating technical illustrations.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python or Perl.
About our team
The best ideas often come from fresh perspectives. At Vertica, our open-minded, diverse and inclusive team is always learning from each other. We approach intellectually challenging work with a "get it done" attitude. Vertica Engineers are given significant latitude and support to pursue what they are passionate about to make Vertica an even better place. If you are excited about building great technology with a proactive team, you will find yourself in good company at Vertica. Welcome to the family.
About our product
Vertica is a recognized leader in analytics powering some of the worlds most data driven organizations like Uber, Wayfair, Intuit, Cerner, and more. Our columnar, MPP, distributed database delivers unprecedented speed, petabyte scale, with analytics and machine learning functions built into the core.
We believe the future belongs to the fast. Join us for the ride!
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status