New to market, incredibly innovative, and already recognized as one of the Boston Globes Top Places to Work, Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR) rowing machine that delivers on-river experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. Engaging twice as many muscles as cycling (86%, in fact), Hydrows interactive technology delivers challenging virtual fitness programs, including On the Mat offerings like yoga and Pilates from gorgeous locations around the world.
Hydrow connects users with an entire community of fellow rowers who experience the rivers and waterways of the world together in synchrony. You, too, can be part of that community. At Hydrow, youll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? Thats because it is!
OTM Athletes are responsible for communicating the values and identity of Hydrow to the public at large, while fostering long-term daily engagement with Hydrow. Workouts are delivered by the production team both live and on-demand.
The primary role of the Athlete is to create compelling live and recorded workouts that inspire people to be healthy and engaged. Athletes need to have a high level of authenticity and enthusiasm; dedication to the success of all Hydrow teams; and a desire to make rowing and exercise genuinely interesting and exciting to others. Athletes are responsible for the structure, music, language and choreography of each workout, and will work closely with a large support team to create experiences that meet Hydrow standards. Whenever possible, workouts will be filmed and broadcast live from the studio and various outdoor locations. Athletes are also responsible for connecting with potential and current subscribers via social media, and other channels to share their knowledge of Hydrows mission widely.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Designing and delivering workouts that are transformational experiences for Hydrow members through use of music, language, theme, motivational techniques, and psychological research
- Responsiveness to feedback and the ability to quickly adapt are critical to performance
- Include essential elements for all Hydrow workouts including teaching concepts and personal grooming
- Prepare hair, makeup and music playlist for each workout
- Complete workout documentation in a timely fashion including film logs and playlists
- Collaborating with Chief Experience Officer and entire content production team to establish and meet regular production schedule goals for quality and quantity of workouts
- Review feedback and workout metrics weekly on personal performance
- Engage in regular content review sessions of Hydrow workouts and competitors
- Playing an integral role in the recruitment and support of other team members by contributing to an inviting team-based environment
- Promoting Hydrow through media placement, marketing and other events
- Maintain consistent company messaging on all social media postings and media appearances
- Engage with Hydrow members on social media channels including recognition for performance, milestone achievements, coaching tips, etc.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- Ability to share and inspire others
- Strong planning and execution skills in pressurized situations with finite deadlines.
- Knowledge of instructional formats for classes and the wider sports industry.
- Good understanding of physical movement and fitness.
- Competency with current media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.
- Flexibility with schedule and travel.
REPORTS TO: Chief Experience Officer
Started in November 2017, Hydrow is growing by leaps and bounds. In fact, the company has received multiple rounds of major investments, bringing the Series A total to an impressive $52M - most recently led by L Catterton, the largest, most global consumer-focused private equity firm. Other investments include prominent names in sports and technology, including Rx3 Ventures (co-founded by Greenbay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rogers), Wheelhouse, The Raptor Group and The Yard Ventures. This funding will further fuel Hydrow's already impressive trajectory, focusing on content expansion and marketing outreach. The Hydrow experience will soon be promoted to hundreds of thousands of new customers.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Hydrow offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity.
More Jobs From