Hydrow, Inc.: Hydrow Experience Studio Trainer
Hydrow is looking for a Hydrow Experience Studio Trainer to join our team!
Bringing together community, accountability, and outstanding industrial design, the Hydrow Live Outdoor Reality™ Rower (hydrow.com) allows users to row and train with world-class athletes as they stream live from waterways around the world. The tech is "sight and sound" immersive, putting users “on the water” with live and on-demand workouts — combining the excitement of being in nature with an on-rower experience that is smooth, quiet, and infinitely adjustable.
At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to create a meaningful community unmatched in group fitness while shaping an early-stage company that is disrupting the fitness industry. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you.
The Hydrow Experience Studio Trainer is responsible for leading classes at our first-of-its-kind Hydrow Experience Studio at the Boca Raton Resort and Club in Boca Raton, FL (a Waldorf Astoria Resort).
The primary role of the Trainer is to create and deliver compelling, one-hour, in-person classes for the Members and Guests of the Resort, to champion the Hydrow Experience Studio throughout the Resort, and to foster long term daily engagement with the Hydrow Live Outdoor Rowing (LOR™) rower at the Studio.
- Trainer needs to have a high level of authenticity and enthusiasm, and a genuine desire to make rowing interesting and exciting to the Resort Community
- Trainer must be a proven leader and motivator
- Trainer must have extensive experience leading group fitness classes across a variety of modalities
- The Trainer is responsible for the pace, programming, and delivery of each workout and will work closely with the Studio Head and Hydrow Content Team to create workouts that meet the overall goals of the Hydrow Experience Studio
Hydrow supports active lifestyles and encourages team members to not only interact with the Hydrow platform, but other competitive platforms on a regular basis.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Prepare for and teach outstanding, high-energy one-hour workouts, leading two morning classes each day, a minimum of 3-4 days per week
- Create transformational workouts/programming for Resort Members and Guests through use of music, language, theme, motivational techniques, and training excellence
- Under the direction of Studio Head, include essential elements for all Hydrow workouts, including warmup, rowing technique work, on-erg and off-erg movements, and appropriate cooldown
- Engage in regular review of available on-Hydrow content to inform workout programming
- Complete workout administration via Hydrow’s online system(s) in a timely fashion
- Collaborate with the Studio Head, Marketing Team, Content Team, and Resort personnel to help create ongoing demand for Studio classes
- Weekly review of Studio performance with Studio Head, including Member/Guest feedback and overall workout metrics
- Perform formal and informal Member/Guest research to inform accelerated development of workout structure
- Personally participate in Hydrow workouts and competitor workouts to continually develop an understanding of the product and competitive landscape
- Promote Hydrow on all Studio-related social media postings
- Promote Hydrow through daily Member and Guest engagement
- Daily care of Hydrow equipment
- Attend weekly Staff Meetings via remote access (Google Hangouts)
- Other Hydrow initiatives as assigned
- Ability to inspire Resort Members and Guests to love rowing
- Deep knowledge of instructional formats for group exercise classes
- Current Trainer Certification(s) from accredited providers, such as NASM, ACSM, ACE, NSCA, and ANSI
- Current CPR and AED Certification
- Competency with social media platforms, including Facebook and Instagram
- Flexibility with scheduling and ability to coordinate coverage with other Hydrow Studio Trainers
- Experience teaching on-water and/or in-studio rowing is highly desired
- Experience with high net worth clientele is highly desired
REPORTS TO: Director of Commercial Sales and Strategy; WORKS CLOSELY WITH: Studio Head
Started in November 2017, Hydrow has recently announced the expansion of its Series A with additional investments from some of the most prominent names in sports and tech, including Rx3 ventures (co-founded by Greenbay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rogers), Wheelhouse, The Raptor Group and The Yard Ventures. Initially led by L Catterton, the largest and most global consumer-focused private equity firm, the additional investment brings the Series A total to $27M.
At Hydrow, we are a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Hydrow welcomes diversity and actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds perspectives to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law (each, a “Protected Characteristic”).
Hydrow offers competitive pay and benefits. Experience Studio Trainer will receive:
- Highly competitive hourly pay
- Quarterly clothing ($250) and footwear budget for new attire / supplies
More Jobs From