HW Development Engineer (EE) - Amazon Devices
Blink was the result of one of the most successful crowdfunding campaign ever and is now part of Amazon Devices, the consumer electronics division that brings you the Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echos!
Blink builds the completely wireless, affordable, and battery operated home security cameras that send motion-activated alerts and HD video to your smartphone for an amazingly affordable price. Our vertically integrated engineering team works on algorithms, ASICs, hardware, firmware, cloud software and mobile applications to deliver products that customers love. We are seeking dynamic engineers to join our growing team.
As an Electrical Engineer/Hardware Engineer, you will be responsible for the electrical design of consumer electronic products. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast paced start-up like environment. You will own all aspects of EE hardware design, including circuit/board design and validation. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities.
· 5+ years of experience in consumer product design
· 5+ years of experience of leading and working with ODM/OEMs for all stages of product development
· 5+ years of experience with system-level design including circuit design, system bring-up, integration, and debug
· 3+ years working with low-power circuit design, DC/DC converters, power management methods, audio circuit design, and analog design
· 3+ years working with processor architecture, digital circuit design and various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc. 3+ years working with mixed-signal board-level design
· 3 + years developing robust designs for ESD/EMI immunities and RF de-sensitization
· 3+ years integrating RF technologies such as WIFI, BT, GPS, etc.
· 3+ years leading and driving design development from schematic capture, PCB layout through assembly
· 3+ years partnering with software teams to define and implement firmware, drivers and algorithms
· Strong interpersonal skills and capability to manage and drive various cross-functional team members
· Understanding of high speed design and noise suppression techniques
· Hands on experience with signal integrity tools
· Experience in designing products for wireless networks (GSM, UMTS, LTE), GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth wireless systems
· Strong communication and documentation skills and ability to operate autonomously
· Complete understanding of manufacturing process including DFM and DFT for consumer products
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation