HTML Email Developer
The Lifecycle Marketing Team is responsible for a wide variety of marketing campaigns aimed at driving revenue across several product lines, via multiple tactics, throughout the customer lifecycle. We are hiring an HTML Email Developer to make an immediate impact and join this already strong team. In this role, you will serve as the subject matter expert on HTML and email design, ensuring our campaigns are strong and effective and follow best practices in coding and design. You should have both technical and creative aptitude, an interest in the big picture of campaigns and tactics, and a demonstrated passion for marketing. If you are up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Learn Carbonite’s product offerings, go-to-market strategies, and marketing technology stack.
- Become familiar with Carbonite’s brand and brand guidelines.
- Build out HTML email marketing campaigns in Carbonite’s ESPs (Responsys & Marketo).
- Create both static and animated email banners using various design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Support Lifecycle Marketing initiatives to drive revenue via new business, cross-sell, upsell, and renewal campaigns by creating output beyond email, including landing pages and display ads.
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
- All of the above, plus;
- Create new email templates and campaigns to meet the evolving needs of the business.
- Stay on top of the industry trends and standards to focus on email build and design best practices.
- Become an expert on all marketing and customer data points.
- Own one or more lifecycle marketing campaigns end-to-end, with minimal oversight from a Senior Manager.
- Contribute significantly to campaign strategy in a way that seeks to maximize revenue.
Key Challenges to Overcome:
The successful candidate will need to manage multiple marketing projects simultaneously, while maintaining the highest attention to detail to ensure successful execution of marketing tactics.What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility.
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them to completion.
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments.
Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience working with an ESP or marketing automation tool, such as Responsys or Marketo.
- Demonstrated proficiency with HTML and CSS.
- Proven experience turning into campaign requirements into effective visual marketing assets.
- Knowledge of current industry standards and best practices for email marketing, including responsive design.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to multi-task and execute efficiently with close attention to detail.
Carbonite provides a complete Data Protection Platform for businesses and the IT professionals who serve them. From backup and disaster recovery to data migration, high availability and endpoint protection, our flexible solutions can be tailored to meet the data protection needs of any business.
Carbonite solutions are strengthened by our outstanding team members and through strategic acquisitions—like our purchase of leading endpoint protection provider Mozy Inc., and high availability specialist DoubleTake Software. Our laser focus on security and our track record of meeting customers' unique requirements are two more reasons why businesses around the globe depend on Carbonite.
Carbonite is made up of over 1,000 smart and dedicated individuals who work at locations all over the world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With our robust Data Protection Platform, we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We're currently looking for talented people to join the Carbonite team both in the U.S. and globally. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodations wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.