HR Operations Specialist
The HR Operations Specialist is a key role for providing HR support and communications to US management and employees. Working closely with administration and HR Teams in Framingham and Dublin, you will support HR initiatives including the development of programs that focus on retention, performance management, career development and succession planning for employees at all levels. We’re looking for a talented and creative HR professional who is ready to contribute to this highly engaged, fast-paced workplace to assist in promoting our values and a culture of recognition as we maintain our commitment to making Workhuman® a great place to work. The qualified candidate will have considerable knowledge of principles and practices of Human Resources administration and clear and effective communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situation are critical for this position.
Reporting to: Director of Human Resources
Location: Framingham, MA
What You will be Doing:
- Manage for all US benefit programs and run annual open enrollment
- Build and maintain effective relationships with insurance broker and other external vendors and providers
- Utilize research and industry trends to make recommendations for new benefit offerings and enhancements to existing benefit plans
- Be the first point of contact for employee questions around benefits and HR policies and procedures
- Recommend, implement, and own HR processes to help meet the organization’s HR administration goals
- Ensure compliance and accurate reporting for HR programs, including audits, equal opportunity, etc.
- Manage wellness program
- Process new hire paperwork and conduct HR onboarding sessions to educate new starters on company programs and policies
- Support internal efforts related to the Massachusetts Equal Pay Act (MEPA)
- Work with HRIS Administrator to ensure all employee information is accurately entered and reflected in HR system
- Process and administer all employee leave of absence programs including FMLA and disability
- Maintain employee files and partner with HR Business Partners to ensure all records are up to date. Work closely with payroll to ensure the successful exchange of employee information
- Perform regular audits and quality checks to ensure accuracy of benefit enrollments
- Assist in other HR related tasks as requested
- Able to respond and exchange ideas clearly and effectively through writing, speaking, and presentations; shares appropriate information to keep people informed;
- Values the opinions of others; assists others when needed; participates effectively as member of a team; balances personal contributions and needs with those of other members of the team to achieve common objectives.
- Ability to analyze problems to identify probable cause; thinks of new possibilities; identifies critical issues and develops options for addressing them; able to incorporate other viewpoints as part of the process of developing solutions.
- Customer service oriented, ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
The Skills You Will Bring:
- 3+ years’ experience in the same or similar role within human resources
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; advanced courses in Human Resources desirable
- Working knowledge of HR practices, policies, and procedures
- Understanding of MEPA
- Experience administering benefit plans and offerings
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail and data quality
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft applications
- Must be highly knowledgeable in state and federal employment laws for overall business compliance
- Strong work ethic and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work without close supervision and set one’s own priorities to meet deadlines
- Some travel required
Workhuman® is the world’s fastest-growing integrated Social Recognition® and continuous performance management platform. Our human applications are shaping the future of work by helping organizations connect culture to shared purpose. With a consistent stream of gratitude fueling unparalleled, provocative workplace data and human insights, Workhuman® Cloud is a critical software engine for global companies seeking to motivate and empower their people to do the best work of their lives. Workhuman® (formerly known as Globoforce) was founded in 1999 and is co-headquartered in Framingham, Mass., and Dublin, Ireland.
- Workhuman® is used by millions of employees across 160 countries.
- Our core values are; Respect, Determination, Innovation and Imagination.
- We are #2 Great Place to Work in Ireland for the 2018 medium-sized workplace category and have been named one of the 2018 Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by the Boston Globe.
- Check out our state-of-the-art offices in Framingham, MA and Dublin, Ireland.