As a Director level HR Business Partner, you will report to the VP, Human Resources and be a strategic thought partner around all people-related matters. As an experienced and functionally capable professional, you will play a critical role in ensuring the organization drives a tightly aligned, integrated, high performance culture. The goal of the Business Partner is the development and successful deployment of People programs and policies, ensuring business unit initiative alignment with organizational philosophies. Additionally, the HRBP serves as a consultant to senior leadership in the identification of key people metrics and the development of key people performance targets based on ongoing evaluation of those people metrics.
Partnering with leaders to identify and address people priorities, you will translate business priorities and objectives into people related goals, participating in business planning and talent management and providing strategic business direction into the business units you support. To be successful in this position, you will feel comfortable alternating between high-level strategy, and day-to-day tactical advice to line managers and employees. You will collaborate with other HRBPs and the People Team to ensure consistent execution of People programs.
The Skills & Experience You’ll Bring:
- BA/BS Degree required; further education and/or certification in HR preferred
- 10+ years in HR, with deep expertise in all HR functions & current best practices, in a rapidly growing and scaling technology company is ideal
- You thrive working in a geographically dispersed, highly-matrixed, fluid, fast-paced, results-driven & rapidly changing environment with some ambiguity & are comfortable handling competing priorities
- Record of career progression that includes people management
- Customer-focused, organized, collaborative, analytical, flexible, proactive, resourceful, passionate, efficient and accountable
- Strong consultative aptitude with exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to think strategically & a natural inclination to develop solutions based on data & translate those into action
- Adaptability of style and ability to work with people at all levels of the organization
- Courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism, poise and respect
The Value You’ll Deliver:
- Serve as a trusted, credible, sought-after resource for staff, managers and senior leadership, providing sound People advice and judgment on all people related matters
- Support managers in organizational change and employee relations issues.
- In partnership with operation leadership, manage the office’s climate to inspire commitment, loyalty, pride, and spirit in the organization, making Everbridge a great place to work
- Monitor employee engagement through focus groups, stay & exit interviews, and recommend engagement strategies and programs.
- Partner with Culturebridge, our internal culture team, to design and implement programs and activities to build community and support Everbridge’s culture.
- Ensure effective onboarding of new employees to accelerate productivity of new employees.
- Support internal people communications initiatives driven by the People team
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues by conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations
Total Rewards & People Operations
- Coach managers in making promotion and pay decisions for all people in assigned business units
- Manage the annual bonus and merit increase process for assigned units, ensuring internally equitable and externally competitive pay levels for staff
- Ensure accurate processing of annual and off-cycle pay decisions
- Assist in the development of comprehensive compensation and benefit programs that are competitive and cost effective
- Partner with Recruitment staff to analyze market data and make recommendations
- Execute key People processes in assigned business units to include hiring, terminations, employee changes, and promotions
- Make recommendations, project manage and implement solutions to streamline or enhance People processes
- Perform analysis of operational and people metrics to assess effectiveness of programs and practices and report to business unit's leadership team
- Drive the integration of performance and business management processes to ensure clarity of goals and expectations for business results, align performance with rewards, and drive a culture of accountability for results
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance; partner closely with the legal and finance teams as needed
- Identify organization redesign opportunities to include structural, operational and span of control opportunities to enhance organizational effectiveness and efficiency. Collaborate with leaders and People team to identify and address opportunities to improve staffing and other operational productivity outcomes.
- Work closely with immigration attorneys to manage immigration cases including visa applications and extensions.
Talent Management & Development
- Facilitate and execute talent management initiatives to identify, assess, develop, engage and reward our people
- Partner with leaders to identify future skills and associated talent needs to deliver business results; and create a plan to address using talent management tools and resources.
- Develop employees' abilities and capabilities so they can grow and see a long-term future with the company through talent reviews, career pathing, mentoring, training and performance management
- Lead the performance review process for your business unit and advise and coach business leaders on performance management issues and their business implications
- Conduct talent reviews, based on deep understanding of business unit's operational goals, key roles, players, current and future needs.
- Develop an annual workforce plan, identifying current state, future needs, gaps, and plans to fill gaps. Focus on areas of retention risk, high potential talent development needs, and internal/external strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to the achievement of business unit goals.
- Conduct internal People training as needed
- Identify and lead global people initiatives that support our strategic business plan objectives, enabling us to lead the industry and grow our people
- Collaborate with People team colleagues on planning and meeting our annual objectives
More Jobs From