Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Virgin Pulse values and celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. As a global employer, we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. As we are committed to diversifying our company, we strongly encourage candidates that are historically underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
Who you are
The HR Business Partner will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and managers for designated business areas. The HRBP will serve as a consultant to management regarding People related issues. This role will be tasked with delivery of the People Strategy for assigned business groups including talent development and retention. This role will partner cross functionally within the organization and deliver value added service aligning with business objectives. The individual must be hands on with the ability to manage priorities while making an impact and driving business.
In this role you will wear many hats but your skills will be especially essential in the following:
- Provide strategic business partnership and coaching to people managers to positively impact the motivation, development, satisfaction and retention of talent.
- Provide timely and accurate HR advice and guidance to employees and managers, flagging risks and issues to the business leaders.
- Conduct regular meetings with respective business unit leaders to stay abreast of business trends and communication status of People initiatives.
- Identify and communicate changes in business direction that impact Talent Acquisition, candidate flow or headcount planning.
- Partner with People team to accelerate adoption of talent solutions to drive transformational change, build leadership capability and drive engagement.
- Partner with senior business leaders and Learning & Development, to conduct learning needs assessments, establish development priorities and promote development resources to employees.
- Responsible for building effective, credible and professional relationships with senior leaders and teams.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the People Team to develop solutions and influence programs and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations and support the resolution of issues, conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Conduct exit and ad hoc employee interviews in the assigned business areas and develop actions to reduce attrition.
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years experience as a HR Business Partner or a very similar position
- Extremely well organised and methodical in approach to problem solving
- Strong business acumen
- Experience in more than one HR discipline
- A self-motivated individual who doesn’t need to be closely managed on a daily basis
Work to maintain system and data security at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Adhere to industry best practice coding standards and verify all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.
*Please note that Virgin Pulse representatives will only communicate with you via our own corporate communication tools with virginpulse.com email addresses and through partnership with our Applicant Tracking System, iCIMS, which will clearly reference Virgin Pulse. We do not use third party apps like WIRE or WhatsApp to communicate.
At no time during the interview process will we ask you for secure PII data unless you are offered a job with Virgin Pulse. Should you be offered a job, and accept, you will be provided with secure links through our partnership with ADP.