In House Corporate Counsel
Are you passionate about education and technology? Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment? Would you love to develop your negotiation skills and serve as our go-to legal guru for all legal aspects? Thenwe are looking for you.
Knovva Academy is at the forefront of changing the way teens interact with education and the world around them. We are dedicated to build a global blended learning ecosystem by creating the most exciting global education programs and online courses. We’re working to build tomorrow's world leaders and we need some of the best on our team to grow with us and help us continue to expand our reach, perfect our programs and create lasting relationships with the educational community.
If this sounds like an amazing place to work already, there’s much more. We are an entrepreneurial startup that nurtures our talented employees with great benefits and opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. Knovva academy is a passionate work environment with an international atmosphere and a welcoming staff. On top of our competitive salary and benefits, we also offer global snacks, WFH Fridays, group outings and many more perks to come. Knovva’s core belief in the importance of diversity and open mindedness is reflected in both the programs and in its work space. Knovva is located in Boston’s innovative Seaport District.
If you’re ready to use your skills to help shake up the education world, Knovva Academy is the place for you.
Knovva is looking for a top-class In-House Corporate Counsel to join our business, ranging from negotiations, to drafting agreements, and to advising legal advice for our executives. The Corporate Counsel will provide assistance on lessening business risk, and implement new and effective legal strategies for our growing company.
- Negotiating with vendors, agents and contractual employees concerning contract terms, conditions and pricing, and ensure they are accurately executed and satisfied.
- Drafting MOUs, contracts and other agreements on behalf of the company, both locally and internationally.
- Developing and facilitating a standardized contract approval process and contract database.
- Creating processes and programs that make contract information readily available to management including a reporting system that notifies management of critical dates and obligations for contracts. Preparing a schedule of contract-ending dates and notifies field management of contracts with expiration dates within critical range.
- Monitoring compliance to Agreement terms and facilitating implementation and communication of required pricing and other adjustments in a timely manner.
- Advising executives within the company and liaising with other departments on matters including but not limited to informed consent, intellectual property and commercial transactions.
- Providing training to the company on legal topics.
- Liaising with all external counsel relationships and reviewing legal invoices from external legal service providers
- Facilitating and managing all other legal matters as needed.
- Must have obtained a law degree from an accredited university and be admitted to the Massachusetts State Bar.
- Must have 5 years of experience with 2+ years working at a top law firm.
- Must possess strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial commercial issues.
- Must possess knowledge of internal control concepts and practical applications as it relates to contract compliance administration.
- Most be able to conduct and report on financial analyses, including identifying areas of financial risk.
- Civil litigation and familiarity with international law desirable.
The In-House Corporate Counselis a full-time position based in Knovva Academy’s office in the Seaport neighborhood of Boston. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Some travel necessary. Must be authorized to work in the United States; sponsorship is not being offered at this time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as defined by federal, state or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply: please submit your résumé along with a cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls, please.