Hotel Operations Coordinator
Hopper is the smart way to book travel on your phone. Combining massive amounts of data and advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper predicts and analyzes airfare and accommodation to save users money and enable them to travel more often.
Since its launch in 2015, Hopper has become one of the fastest growing travel apps ever with over 25 million installs to date. It is now the most downloaded flights booking app in North America and travelers have booked hundreds of millions of dollars in flights and hotels around the world using Hopper.
The app has received accolades such as Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company in Travel 2018, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016, and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
We’re looking for an energetic, driven individual to join our Hotel Operations team. You’ll work at the intersection of the hotel business, content, sales, and merchandising teams, owning the day to day of creating and releasing hotels to the Hopper App. You’ll learn about back end travel systems and what it takes to build and operate them.
In this role, you will:
- Research, gather and manage Hopper’s hotel inventory data through our CMS
- Take individual hotels through the release process to get them live in the App
- Run point on QA for the release of hotels
- Collaborate with a global team to support rapid market growth both in North America and around the world
- Create and champion scalable processes to effectively manage critical hotel data
- Identify weaknesses in day to day operations and propose improvements
A perfect candidate has:
- Passion and aptitude for working with spreadsheets, databases, and internal custom tools
- A penchant for data-driven decisions, able to adapt to new or changing direction based on user feedback and market demands
- Outstanding prioritization, attention to detail, and multitasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Tech savvy; ability and desire to learn new software, tools, and technical processes quickly
- Well-funded and proven startup with larger ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, all on us
- In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artist’s loft in the Mile End
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or paid parking
- IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and healthy snacks
- Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!