We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor is looking for a General Manager to lead the Sponsored Placements & Enhanced Listings side of our business. The role will own strategy, growth and revenue contribution to the wider business. To be successful in this role, you should be a thoughtful leader and confident decision-maker. The leader will set the tone and culture for a broad organization. The role will be focused on inspiring and developing people and teams to drive revenue and collaboration. Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision in directing business functions will lead key growth and partnerships for Tripadvisor.
You will participate in the B2B Hospitality Solutions management team and are expected to work closely with these other leaders to steer the business as it scales.
What youll do:
- Leads the Sponsored Placements & Enhanced Listings Business Line: Responsible for the long term planning, strategic vision and execution of your goals. Ensuring your teams have a clear understanding of the trajectory, OKRs and a highly engaged culture. You will have a matrix set of reports across Product, Marketing, Sales, Enablement, Analytics & Engineering
- Owns the revenue contribution of the business line; understands product line budgets, the drivers of the budget levers, and can make difficult decisions about budget as needed for the health of the business unit. Works closely with FP&A team.
- Collaborates effectively across Tripadvisor teams and values these partnerships to grow the business together.
- Responsible for understanding business progress and tracking against business unit objectives, bringing to light any risks and then putting plans into action with stakeholders to mitigate.
- Manage a world class team to excellence, including recruitment, assessment, coaching and development of team members to ensure top performance and future succession at all levels.
- Critical leadership role on the Hospitality Solutions team, focused on clear and concise communication in all directions within the business.
- Forward Thinking - Construction of a 3-5 year business line strategy, guiding the 3 year product line strategy and helping us identify future business opportunities.
- Contributes to the definition and achievement of OKRs:
- Accountable for driving Business Line OKRs:
- Coach Product Managers on the need for achieving these BU OKRs (including providing the business case rationale & context)
- Responsible for understanding status of OKRs by product and when there is need for support particularly from horizontal leadership - drive these conversations
- Drives language of the OKRs throughout day to day course of business
- Provides feedback about how to best prioritize objectives with a wider lens on collective Hospitality Solutions business, helps PLOs weigh trade offs with horizontal leads
- Responsible for cross-business line collaboration for thinking collectively about the customer base and how to execute the best customer experience holistically in the Tripadvisor suite.
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
- Other duties include being expected to negotiate partnerships fairly and ensuring standards and compliance meet Tripadvisor corporate standards.
- Accountable for driving Business Line OKRs:
What Were Looking For:
- +10 years experience in Corporate Strategy, General Management, Ecommerce roles operating within a company or a consulting firm with experience owning a P&L
- Effective leadership skills. Experience managing a high functioning team with cross-functional teammates. Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are essential.
- Change management experience. Ability to embrace change & drive change thoughtfully with teams.
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically. Proven skills in problem identification and solutioning. Ability to identify problems and solve at scale, leading teams through execution.
- Seasoned in managing timelines, delivery, dependencies, communication across teams.
- Excellent communication skills. Being able to communicate efficiently both strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members in a consistent basis with the tone thats best in the moment. Being able to write clear and concise expectations.
- Excellent analytical skills and critical thinking. Able to interpret short and longer term data and trends, allowing you to diagnose problems and identify opportunities that lead to recommendations of effective action plans.
- High velocity player. A desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with multiple responsibilities.
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude.
- MBA Preferred.