Office Tour Photos
The Servicedesk Administrator will be working in a team-oriented environment supporting all company facing IT functions. In this position, you will be responsible for troubleshooting and diagnosing desktop and network issues, completing workstation builds and configurations, deploying systems, writing end-user documentation, and assisting in asset procurement and tracking.
The successful Servicedesk Administrator will have a strong background in troubleshooting operating system, application, and network issues. A strong knowledge of Windows 10, MacOS, Active Directory, and network troubleshooting is required. The Servicedesk team is the first point of contact for all service and problem-based requests that are generated by the company and our mission is to supply quality service to our user community in a timely and effective manner.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
Your First Three Months:
- Shadow current Servicedesk Admins to gain an understanding of typical issues and requests that may occur
- Become familiar with Carbonite’s environment by reviewing documents and current/past cases in ticket system
- Understand processes and responsibilities of the role, such as New Hire and Termination tasks
- Understand Carbonite’s AV systems and the tools used to support end-users
Three to Six Months and Beyond:
- Respond to Servicedesk tickets with increasing independence
- Troubleshoot problems, escalate as necessary, and manage communication with end-users
- Document resolutions and “work-around” fixes as appropriate
- Research hardware and software issues
- Configure end-user hardware and software
- Communicate with vendors to quote, track, and receive shipments
- Follow-up on internal alerts as needed
As a new member of the Servicedesk team, the biggest challenges you will face include:
- Figuring out the different tools, software and services this role supports
- Understanding when to escalate an issue and who to escalate it to
- Prioritizing the work load – there is always more work to do than there is time
To be successful in this role, you need to be able to:
- Communicate well with your teammates and end-users
- Be comfortable asking questions and remembering the answers when you need help
- Provide a pleasant end-user experience and solve the issue completely the first time – rework is a big consumer of time for us and the users
The Helpdesk is a great team to be a part of. You’ll get to interact with all departments and users at all levels and learn new things every day. Our team has a huge impact on the company and you can make a big difference being a member of it.
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important
- Strong knowledge of Win 10, Active Directory user administration, PC hardware support, MacOS/Apple hardware support, Microsoft Office applications, VDI/Thin client environments
- Basic understanding of networks including VLAN’s, routing, IP addressing, port assignments, DNS/DHCP, network switches, wireless access points, and firewalls
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with end-users of all levels including remote users
- Strong customer service, support and problem-solving skills
- The ability to follow processes correctly and repeat tasks with accuracy
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- The ability to perform in a high-stress environment under tight time constraint
Carbonite provides a complete Data Protection Platform for businesses and the IT professionals who serve them. From backup and disaster recovery to data migration, high availability and endpoint protection, our flexible solutions can be tailored to meet the data protection needs of any business.
Carbonite solutions are strengthened by our outstanding team members and through strategic acquisitions—like our purchase of leading endpoint protection provider Mozy Inc., and high availability specialist DoubleTake Software. Our laser focus on security and our track record of meeting customers' unique requirements are two more reasons why businesses around the globe depend on Carbonite.
Carbonite is made up of over 1,000 smart and dedicated individuals who work at locations all over the world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With our robust Data Protection Platform, we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We're currently looking for talented people to join the Carbonite team both in the U.S. and globally. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodations wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.