Office Tour Photos
Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and named THE BEST large company to work for on Business Journal’s Best Places to Work list published in June 2019, Definitive Healthcare is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and has over 400 employees. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates. Our expansion has created the need for a talented and experienced Sales Engineer to join our team. If you would like to work with a product that is in high demand, and evolving rapidly, keep reading!
Definitive Healthcare is looking for a technical Sales Engineer who will help Sales land new clients and grow existing business. The ideal candidate will have a blend of technical skills, sales acumen, and a strong base of healthcare industry knowledge. The core responsibilities of the position are to drive revenue through compelling demonstrations, prove the accuracy and value of Definitive’s data assets and products, and to partner with sales reps as subject matter experts. If you are, or want to be, a healthcare data geek and enjoy directly interfacing with clients this is the role for you!
Here are the things you will tackle:
- Work with Sales Executives to drive opportunity closure
- Demonstrate healthcare experience in quantifying, measuring and analyzing various metrics within Definitive Healthcare data sets
- Develop data extracts using SQL and various analytic and programming tools as needed
- Analyze data sets for outliers and trends
- Solve novel client business needs for which there may be no standard deliverable in the Definitive Healthcare products
- Present findings and analysis to customers and prospects
- Promote consistent operations, efficient use of resources and knowledge sharing
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's Degree ideally in Computer Science, Healthcare, Finance, Economics or Math
- Knowledge or experience in Medicare and/or Commercial Claims data.
- 1-3 years of complex data management responsibilities (Big data experience a plus)
- 1-3 years of experience in quantifying and analyzing healthcare performance metrics
- Knowledge or experience in medical terminology (DRG, ICD, HCPC/CPT, NDC)
- Expertise in SQL(SQL Server and/or Google Big Query preferred); Advanced Excel skills; data visualization
- Ability to communicate ‘So What?’ when providing solutions to business requirements.
Bonus points if you have:
- Prior Sales Engineering/Presales experience
- Experience in Medical Economics and Strong Knowledge of Healthcare Performance Indicators
- Experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce or Veeva.
- Other programming experience: R, Python
- Experience with modern Data Analytics/Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI.
- Analysis and forecasting of trends in medical costs to provide analytic support to healthcare data sales cycles
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
More Jobs From