At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
As a Healthcare Data Analyst - Terminology, you will work on the most cutting-edge products being built in the healthcare digital data space. You will work alongside the healthcare data terminologist and director of healthcare data terminology to help us in our mission of curating and managing the terminology assets for the Veeva Data Cloud solution suite, as well as working cross-functionally within the organization to address data and mapping needs within the core Crossix organization.
You are passionate about healthcare data and would take pride in being called a data geek or a data junkie. You are detail oriented, organized, and do not mind diving deep into the weeds. You are curious, and love figuring out solutions, and more importantly, figuring out what questions need to be asked.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about health care data and excited to bring that knowledge to a scalable set of data products.
What You'll Do
- Supporting and managing use of standard reference ontologies such as ICD10, CPT, HCPCS, NDC, etc.
- Mapping between and across standard and proprietary terminologies
- Staying up to date current and emerging terminology
- Collaborating closely with data scientists, engineers, and product managers to understand, support company product terminology needs
What You've Done
- 1+ years of experience working with healthcare data or in the healthcare sector.
- Highly proficient in SQL
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Knowledge or experience with industry standard code sets such as ICD, CPT/HCPCS, NDC
- Understand how relational databases work, and experience designing transformations, mappings and working with reference tables
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Work well independently or as part of a team
- Able to dive-in to understand problems, troubleshoot, and explore solutions
- Energized by working through complex problems and bringing innovation to products
- Self-starter and motivated
Nice to Have
- Hands-on experience working with raw healthcare data (ex. Medical or pharmaceutical claims data, EMR data)
- Understanding of ETL processes
- Experience working with an agile team
- Experience with a terminology or ontology management system
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
More Jobs From