Head of User Experience and Design
Cogito is all about creating better conversations. Our behavioral guidance technology leverages the power of artificial intelligence to deliver real-time coaching and insights to contact center agents and leaders. This proven technology augments on-call job performance, resulting in radically improved the conversations and better outcomes for their customers. Cogitos solution lives in the intersection of behavioral psychology, voice recognition, and artificial intelligence. Sound exciting? It is.
At Cogito, design is at the heart of our product. Cogito uses a dual track methodology combined with design thinking and human-centric design. Our designers engaged directly with customers and end users while working closely with the cross-functional team. Design is a highly visible role impacting not only the discovery process but also product vision and roadmap.
We are seeking a Head of User Experience and Design to lead our design team and process. Working closely with product management, behavioral science, and engineering, youll be responsible for the process that creates intuitive and impactful end-to-end experiences that our users will love.
- Mentoring and supervising the design team
- Owning the experience design and discovery process for Cogito products
- Collaborating with talented cross-functional teams including customer success, product management, engineering, ui/ux designers, and behavioral science to ensure the best minds are leveraged in product design decisions
- Translating concepts into user journeys, experience maps, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that reflect product goals
- Advocating for a deep understanding of our users (and informing research objectives alongside product and behavioral research to that end)
- Rapidly ideating, iterating, and testing designs with users and in production
- Leveraging qualitative and quantitative data to inform design decisions
- Supporting the communication of product strategy and vision by researching, conceiving, and mocking up experiences that inspire the org towards the future
- Championing new and innovative approaches intended to deepen understanding of users in order to build delightful experiences
- To succeed in this role you must be an innovator, since you will be expected to create solutions for exciting and ambitious ideas for which no interaction paradigm currently exists
- You must be skilled at building and leading a design team
- You must be extremely proactive because you will regularly find yourself in uncharted territory where the key to your success will be to get ahead of the curve
- You must be a collaborator, as you will be working side-by-side with product managers, behavioral scientists, and engineers to bring your designs to life
- And most importantly, you must excel at conceptualizing spoken and multimodal experiences in the abstract and driving that vision into solid design deliverables
- Experience leading a team of designers
- Experience working with engineers and PMs to deliver commercial products
- Experience leading interdisciplinary teams through the creative process in a group setting and delivering interfaces for enterprise products with multiple user personas
- Experience rapidly iterating on designs based on user feedback and data-driven insights
- Experience leading product & user research, ideation and innovation, information architecture, and visual design
- Comfort with user interaction data analyses to drive design decisions
- Proficiency in wireframing, sketch, and prototyping tools eg Balsamiq, Sketch, InVision
- A curiosity to learn and take on new challenges in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to relocate to (or already be located in) the greater Boston area
- Willingness to travel ~ 15-20% of the time (for discovery and user research)
You Should Apply If You're Excited To...
- Join the ranks of a high performing, cross-functional, diverse team of A players
- Work with cutting edge technology
- Design avant-garde multimodal experiences
- Contribute to the growth of a startup helping people have better conversations
- Embrace the challenge of significantly evolving the look, feel, and value of a best-in-class platform product
- Be part of a diverse team
Our Teams Stance on Diversity
- Cogito is committed to building a culturally and cognitively diverse team and strongly encourages applications from people who are currently under-represented in the tech industry, and in product. This includes but is not limited to women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with visible or invisible disabilities, and others.
Your choice of comprehensive benefits for you and your familys health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
Bi-weekly catered lunch and live product demos
401(k) retirement plan options
Ongoing professional development and cross-training
Vacation time and 11 company holidays (yes, Patriots Day is a holiday)
Company paid parental leave upon hire
Competitive pay, stock options, and annual bonus eligibility
Casual dress and fun office atmosphere
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Stocked groceries in the kitchen
Office location in the heart of Boston with convenience to the MBTA lines
Cogito is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Cogito Corporation (i.e. H1-B visa, F-1 visa/OPT, TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).