Talent Strategy Business Partner to the global Chief Marketing Officer
Our Talent Strategy Business Partner group is focused on driving business first talent strategy, setting leadership and organizations up to scale, and enhance business engagement and talent partnerships. We are focused on identifying, developing and implementing strategies and initiatives to hire, on-board, develop, motivate, assess, retain and organize our talent who ultimately enable our high growth business. We push our senior leaders to think strategically and advise them through challenging organizational issues that will propel Wayfairs success as a business. We weave together talent-related data to tell a cohesive story about the organizations we support and where we need to invest and arm senior leadership with the data they need to make strategic decisions.
As the Head of Talent Strategy for the Marketing Organization, you will partner directly with our Chief Marketing Officer and you'll own the human capital strategy and advise on critical business initiatives. Key questions you may tackle include:
- What organizational design decisions and change management efforts are needed to drive business growth in a group that partners closely with every key function in the business?
- How will you work with business and talent partners to create an organization attracting top talent both externally and internally?
- How will you work with business and talent partners to create repeatable, scalable processes to ensure we have the right shape and skills for the next evolution of business growth ?
- How will you create effective career development paths for all stakeholders (e.g. succession planning, manager effectiveness, and promotion pathiing)?
- What do we need to disrupt our current hiring philosophy, approach to headcount planning & growth, organizational design process and change management process?
What Youll Do:
- As a critical member of Wayfairs leadership team, you will partner with executives across the business to develop a breadth of strategies to attract, retain and develop the best talent
- You will work with aligned executives to drive talent and organizational strategies that help achieve business goals and objectives
- You will build integrated strategies and initiatives that drive organizational effectiveness
- You will proactively identify skill and leadership gaps within the organization and propose and implement initiatives to address these gaps
- You will identify new business objectives and prioritize core analysis for key functional executives. In addition, you'll make data-driven decisions that have a significant, positive impact on efficiency, customer, and revenue/cost
- You will work with HR and key stakeholders to develop long term plans for performance calibration, compensation and development processes for employees in relevant functional area
- Youll provide strategic business partnership and coaching to key functional partners on performance feedback, leadership development and conflict management
What Youll Need:
- Talent Strategy experience preferred but not required
- 10+ years of experience and/or 4+ years post advanced degree preferred
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively influence and communicate at all levels of the organization and lead multiple stakeholder relationships
- Experience in consulting, project management, or corporate strategy in the tech sector preferred
- You have proven experience in developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy. Advanced excel skills needed.
- You have excellent communication skills and a passion for working across functions and with C-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- You have a strong customer service focus with a sense of urgency and excellent follow through
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.