Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 18 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Our ~13,000 suppliers are an integral part of our business and their success is core to our ability to provide our customers with the experience that keeps them coming back to Wayfair for all things home. Our supplier family is highly diverse, from multinational companies that supply goods to online and traditional brick and mortar retailers to small start ups dedicated to growing primarily with the Wayfair platform. Regardless of corporate structure, we believe Wayfair is in a unique position to provide our suppliers with tailored financing programs by:
- Matching our suppliers with financing sources appropriate to their business needs; Wayfair has broad financial market relationships and deep insight into our suppliers needs and opportunities.
- Using existing Wayfair supplier information to simplify underwriting and program sign up
- Leveraging Wayfairs deep, data driven product and sales insight to better understand credit risk and lower the cost of borrowing.
- Controlling physical inventory collateral and cash disbursements as part of a partnered program with 3rd party lenders
We are looking for an experienced financial professional and strategic thinker to build out a suite of supplier financing tools that will help our suppliers grow with us into the future.
What you will do:
- Work with Category Management and CastleGate Partner Operations to become an expert in the capital needs of our supplier base
- Work with 3rd party lenders, investors, financial advisors, lawyers and fintechs to create proprietary solutions that leverage our unique position and target our suppliers needs
- Lead a cross functional Wayfair team to:
- Develop tools and algorithms to support eligibility, underwriting and enrollment
- Integrate the programs with our technology platforms and finance systems
- Market solutions and onboard suppliers
- Track program performance and drive participation
- Over time, build a team to grow and manage the supplier financing portfolio of offerings
What you will need:
- Strong strategic, analytic and critical thinking skills. You will be responsible for translating insights about our suppliers capital structures into a strategy for helping them grow with Wayfair.
- Ability to be the face of Wayfair with senior supplier executives, 3rd party lenders, investors and finance partners. Some prior transaction negotiation, fundraising and/or deal structuring experience is needed.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. You will be responsible for driving the thought leadership and the cross functional work plan to make this program a reality.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and mentor a team of direct, cross functional and 3rd party players.
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced finance leader to drive innovative solutions in a high growth e-commerce environment or for a seasoned deal leader to make an impact on an operating business and build their general management and leadership experience.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.