Head of Student Services
The Head of Student Services is responsible for the overall functioning and performance of the Student Services team, providing day-to day leadership and direction with respect to policies, practices, and operations in the student experience; and other areas as assigned by the Director of Operations. The incumbent will create a bold vision for the Student Services team and lead on diverse projects related to student health and wellness, student life enrichment, global rotation, onboarding, and the execution of anchor events. Similarly, this individual will work closely with his or her counterparts at other campuses to ensure global consistency across campuses. This position involves a great deal of interaction with international students, so cultural sensitivity and a keen interest in student support is crucial.
- Leads and acts as part of the Student Services team in the day-to-day operations of the department, ensuring the safety of students, consistency of practice and maintenance of optimum service levels.
- Manages the budgeting, planning, and execution all campus events including Graduation, Orientation, Hult Prize competitions, Winter Ball, club activities, and club guest speakers.
- non-academic policies.
- Provides leadership, analysis, and advice to Hult staff in relation to policies and procedures regarding services for student wellness and including risk management.
- Serves as a member of the Non-Academic Disciplinary Committee.
- An on-call member of the Crisis Emergency Team.
- Recommends and approves professional development opportunities for staff.
- Addresses complaints and conducts investigations with Title IX Coordinator as required.
- Manages a team of 3 Student Services and Events Coordinators, 2 Student Counselors and 2 seasonal student workers.
- Bachelors Degree required. Master's Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience working in student affairs.
- Experience managing teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated track record of appropriate professional, ethical and collaborative behavior.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm to work under pressure and to prioritize requests in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to set firm expectations and engage in difficult conversations professionally.
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Experience interacting with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff with diplomacy.
- Experience with handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Willingness to work flexible hours when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hult International Business School is a leading global business school offering a Bachelor degree, full-time and part-time Master degrees, one year accelerated and part-time Executive MBAs, a Doctoral program and Ashridge Executive Education programs.
Hults innovative curriculum is taught by inspiring professors who possess real-world business experience. In addition, students gain unrivaled global business perspectives through Hults unique Global Campus Rotation - which allows students to study on a combination of Hults five campuses in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai and Shanghai, as well as Hults rotation centers in New York City and Ashridge. With students representing 140 nationalities, Hult International Business School is a microcosm of the global economy that rewards those who can conduct business that transcends borders.
We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world.
By using our global reach and always being creative, entrepreneurial, and on the cutting edge, our aim is to have a positive impact on individuals and organizations by transforming their management practices. In so doing, we hope to be the business school of choice for existing and aspiring leaders. We will contribute to sustainable growth, helping leaders to integrate commercial success and societal well-being.
Hult International Business School, Inc. is a non-profit corporation organized in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges to award US degrees. Hult has a strategic alliancewith Ashridge, which is a legally separate UK charity and has the power to award UK degrees. Hult and Ashridgepresent a combined position under a common brand and operate as an integrated educational institution, which leverages on the strengths of both.
Hult is an equal opportunity employer. Hult offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, deeply multicultural working environment.If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, we want to hear from you.