Office Tour Photos
Streaming Notifications Engineering Lead
The Notifications Systems team powers proactive, intelligent outreach through any channel. Our technology sends hundreds of millions of e-mails and push notifications daily through both coordinated planned campaigns (traditional batch sends) and real-time marketing automation campaigns through Graymatter (in-house platform similar to Marketo). Our goal is to support highly personalized communications, at scale, with fast setup enabled by intuitive tooling and highly available platforms.
The Streaming Notifications team's mission is to provide a best-in-class automation platform (Graymatter) that enables teams across Wayfair to configure sequences of actions and notifications off of real-time events quickly and safely through an intuitive UI. We design our platform to be scalable, performant, and highly reliable making it the smartest option for a wide array of communication automation use cases.
What You'll Do
- Lead and develop a strong group of talented software engineers (both junior and senior)
- Guide your team in building systems with clear contextual boundaries, user-friendly APIs, and well-defined SLOs and SLIs
- Own both the delivery and quality of the technical outputs of the streaming notifications team, taking into account both short and long term scalability / extensibility
- Work cross-functionally to build relationships with key stakeholders and together with your product partner identify investment opportunities
- Leverage feedback loops to continually iterate and improve on your teams outputs over time
- Make fact-based trade-off decisions and nurture a results-biased culture
What You'll Need
- Extensive background as an engineer of building backend systems and mastery of one or more language platforms
- A track record as both an individual contributor and a manager of delivering strong business outcomes
- Prior success in recruiting, coaching, and mentoring both junior and experienced engineers
- Extensive experience gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements
- Ability to make decisions effectively autonomously, dive into a project/problem, and adapt to evolving requirements
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders alike
- B.S. or equivalent experience in computer science/related field
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From