ClearGov is looking for a highly productive, growth-oriented Head of Software Engineering to join our team and lead a global engineering team. As a Head of Engineering, you will be a key part of an agile development team, working closely with Product Management and an overseas Development team to help bring new SaaS products and features to life. You will also be responsible for building out a U.S. based Development team of world-class engineers.
We are looking for a Head of Engineering who will actively contribute and lead the overall design, architecture and implementation of ClearGov’s platform and who also wants to stay close to the code. We are looking for someone with deep analytical insights, experience scaling big data applications and Jedi Master coding skills. We want someone who is creative, innovative and thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. The ideal candidate is someone who is operationally focused with strong DevOps expertise and proven ability to efficiently scale a Web application suite with a heavy emphasis on database optimization and analytics performance.
The Head of Engineering is expected to not only have extensive software development experience, but proven success meeting target delivery dates with top-notch software solutions. This is a key role on ClearGov’s product development team, one we consider critical for our future success.
- Lead an overseas team of software and QA engineers.
- Validate core systems, technical operations and code to confirm scalability and performance.
- Design, develop and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Work with Client Success and Marketing to deliver updates and launch new products
- Collaborate with other software developers, product owners and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain ClearGov applications.
- Determine and provide guidance on operational feasibility by evaluating problem definition, requirements and proposed solutions.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Analyze and resolve operational, technical and application problems.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools and programming techniques.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Build a core, U.S.-based software development team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as a full-stack software development leader
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade SaaS solutions
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum
- Experience with automated testing is a plus
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Deep experience with AWS implementation and MySQL
Proficiency in core platforms:
- Front-End: AngularJS + Angular 10; Socket.IO; Highcharts; D3; Gulp; LESS
- Back-End: Node.js; Express; RabbitMQ; MySQL; Elasticsearch
- Environment: AWS; Amazon S3; Git; JIRA; Confluence; Heroku
- Experience with charting frameworks and data visualization is a plus
- Strong communication skills with both internal and external team members
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, operations, and processes
- Experience managing remote (overseas) development teams
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- A roll-up-your-sleeves, GSD approach to the day-to-day.
The Ideal ClearGov Candidate:
- Self-motivated, self-starter with a zeal to win
- Great communicator; strong oral and written skills
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Hands-on problem solver that enjoys cracking difficult nuts
- Quick study – able to pick up and apply new concepts in a hurry
- Track record of achievement
- Enjoys working on and helping to build outstanding teams
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and gets stuff done
- A sense of humor and doesn’t take him/herself too seriously
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Quality medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Onsite free gym access (COVID19 has paused this benefit)
- Need time - take time unlimited vacation policy
- John Hancock 401K Plan