Office Tour Photos
Head of Product, Enterprise Analytics Solutions
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to unlock insights and provide outsized value to our customers. We swing big, knowing our customers wont benefit from micro optimizations. Leveraging one of the largest data set for products sold in the Home space, our team treats data as an asset and determines how to maximize its business value and extend our competitive advantage.
The Head of Product, Enterprise Analytics Solutions is a highly visible and collaborative position empowered with setting the product strategy and executing on a roadmap that allows 5000+ daily data users to easily and enjoyably self-serve their data and analytical needs. This includes data technology management (analytical & big data databases), data management & development (in-house developer tools to process data; data catalog; data lineage), data tools & technology (exploratory, analytical, and visualization tools for end users), and the Analytics Hub (the one stop shop that brings all these elements together).
We are looking for a product leader with a passion for using data to drive transformative change, who deploys a pragmatic, analytical approach, is highly attuned to technology-driven solutions and process management, is unafraid of ambiguity, and is used to working on complex problems alongside very high caliber peers in a roll-up-your-sleeves environment.
This is a unique opportunity to oversee a product area that will not only impact the daily lives of thousands of colleagues, but also position Wayfair at the forefront of big data solutions that extend our competitive advantage and enable us to deliver an unmatched customer experience.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with senior management across the company to understand key current needs, pain points, and opportunities
- Develop the vision, strategy and roadmap for a truly transformative analytics product function
- Partner closely with Engineering, Data Science, Business Intelligence, embedded analytics functions and senior executive leadership to ensure tight alignment on strategy, prioritization, communication and execution
- Oversee the agile development of both backend and frontend platforms and tools that minimize the amount of time between when the business has a question and when it receives a data-driven answer
- Build and develop a team of highly skilled product managers and analysts; youll inherit a 19-person product team working with 25 engineers, and hire more, ensuring a high degree of excellence and bias to action
- Oversee the deployment and rollout of new tools and capabilities and drive adoption through compelling communication, storytelling, and advocacy
- Stay abreast of the latest analytics tools and technologies in the marketplace to ensure Wayfairs analytics remain on the cutting edge
What You'll Need
- 10+ years of work experience in engineering and / or product management
- 5+ years of experience leading and growing highly effective teams
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
- Experience developing a vision and strategic plan then organizing and overseeing a team to execute against it, delivering tangible results
- Excellent communication skills and presence; strong ability to translate complex subjects into easily digestible topics for a diverse audience and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- Proven track record of working effectively cross-functionally
- Process-oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
- Intellectually curious, high energy, and strong work ethic
- Bachelors degree with a distinguished academic record, ideally in a quantitative field (math, economics, statistics, physics, engineering, etc.); masters degree a plus
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information
More Jobs From