Head of Product Design
Care.coms mission is to improve the lives of families and caregivers by connecting them in a reliable and easy way!
Care.com is looking for a Senior Director of Product Design to lead a talented group of product designers to build easy and effective experiences on multiple platforms. The product design team is distributed across multiple locations, and partners closely with product management, engineering, marketing, analytics, and other functions across several product development squads. The role will work closely with the brand team to ensure that our product design is consistent in our brand expression in other channels. The company is very mission-focused in an important space that helps families and people of all kinds; we are committed to improving our experience in a customer-driven manner, and are eager to have this role hit the ground running and executing on change.
The role will report into the SVP of Product Management. We are looking for a candidate who is an inspiring and compassionate leader, an excellent coach and mentor, practical, detail oriented, execution focused, and who excels at working with teams and stakeholders in other functions.
- Inspire, lead, and manage a team of talented product designers in multiple locations
- Mentor and coach rising talent inside and outside of the product design team
- Champion a strong, consistent point of view on the customers experience at each stage in their journey
- Maintain a practical focus on agile squad execution while also leading product discovery efforts for new initiatives
- Establish the right design processes that allows for innovation, testing, and collaboration while also shipping product
- Work closely with the Brand and Marketing teams to ensure consistency between our experiences and our brand expression in other channels
- Partner closely with the SVP of Product on overall product strategy and direction
- Be a strong team leader for the company at large
- Develop talent at all levels and manage the balance between product discovery and product execution
- Challenge our product and product design teams on how to make our experiences easier or more effective
- Able to operate strategically with the SVP of Product and other executives
- Able to operate collaboratively with key partners, including Marketing and Brand leadership
- Able to operate practically with the Product Designers and the various product development squads
- Drive measurable improvement
- Able to use research and insights with data and analysis in order to drive better customer and business outcomes
- A strong communicator who can effectively operate and influence at all levels
- An extensive portfolio (and link)
- 15 years of product design experience with track record of managing a team
- Proven conceptual skills, a critical eye for detail and the ability to translate complex concepts into clear visual representations
Since launching in 2007, Care.com (NYSE: CRCM) has been committed to solving the complex care challenges that impact families, caregivers, employers, and care service companies. Today, Care.com is the world's largest online destination for finding and managing family care, with 17.7 million families and 13.1 million caregivers* across more than 20 countries, including the U.S., UK, Canada and parts of Western Europe, and approximately 1.5 million employees of corporate clients having access to our services. Spanning child care to senior care, pet care, housekeeping and more, Care.com provides a sweeping array of services for families and caregivers to find, manage and pay for care or find employment. These include: a comprehensive suite of safety tools and resources members may use to help make more informed hiring decisions - such as third-party background check services, monitored messaging, and tips on hiring best practices; easy ways for caregivers to be paid online or via mobile app; and Care.com Benefits, including the household payroll and tax services provided by Care.com HomePay and the Care Benefit Bucks program, a peer-to-peer pooled, portable benefits platform funded by household employer contributions which provides caregivers access to professional benefits. For enterprise clients, Care.com builds customized benefits packages covering child care, back up care and senior care consulting services through its Care@Work business, and serves care businesses with marketing and recruiting support. Headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts, Care.com has offices in Berlin, Austin and the San Francisco Bay area.
*As of September 2018
Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.