Office Tour Photos
At Privy, we believe that just because youre running a small or medium-sized business doesnt mean that you shouldnt have world-class marketing tools and services. Thats why over 400,000 businesses have chosen our platform to improve their on-site conversion and grow their customer lists as they start, grow, and expand their online businesses (see some examples here!).
As Head of Product, you will lead the Product Management efforts at Privy. You will be able to make an immediate impact on our organization, playing a critical role in growing our product team and shaping the evolution of our rapidly scaling company. You will report directly into our Founder & CEO, Ben Jabbawy, giving you direct access to make your voice heard.
You will own new user onboarding, activation, retention, and the product roadmap. You will be focused on recruiting, leading and developing a high-performing team, aligning product development with company goals, executing on the roadmap, and driving a high-performing process-oriented culture of teamwork, collaboration and customer-centricity.
What you will do
Product Vision & Leadership
- You will set the pace and tone to define and drive Privys product strategy, including business requirements, features, functionality, resource planning, and timelines.
- You facilitate communication throughout the entire development process, by working with internal teams and customers to ensure organizational support and buy-in.
- You define and track metrics for success, ensuring the team is clear on their objectives every step from concept to launch and beyond.
- You are not afraid to get your hands dirty. On day one youll be the only PM at the company, so youll need to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and building credibility with peers before you grow the team.
- You run meetings and plan roadmaps to deliver both new products and key features that will increase engagement and overall business growth.
- You communicate product vision and complex technical matters to all stakeholders (product, leadership & engineering) clearly and articulately without being overly verbose and listen to what others are saying
- Executing on goals from concept to launch by driving results through effective monitoring, measuring and communicating progress across all departments.
- You produce significant output with minimal wasted effort; you are highly organized with planning and prioritization.
- You will build programs for regularly working with customers to better understand needs, shortfalls, and opportunities.
- Recruit and develop a strong team of product managers and designers. You will make recruiting, training and ongoing coaching the top priority and have a clear vision of what a product org should look like at Privy in 2020.
- Once you have grown a team you will contribute to a teams ability to execute consistently, rapidly, and effectively.
- Fostering a culture of experimentation and research within the product team
What you bring to the table:
- You have 8+ years of work experience in Product Ownership/Management (proven background leading, growing & mentoring multiple high-performing Product Managers and managing multiple products at once).
- You have successfully built a high volume, self-service product from concept to launch.
- You are deeply passionate about collaborating with Engineering and understand the importance of continuingly testing and learning.
- You recognize the importance of cross-team communication, working in partnership with marketing, sales, customer success to provide visibility into the product development process
- You are constantly inspiring and motivating the company and getting everyone to move in the same direction.
- You are an expert on modern forms of product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, and product development process and know how to work effectively with a rapidly growing company.
Our perks at a glance:
- Competitive salary + meaningful equity, in addition to standard perks like 401k plan
- 100% of health, dental, and vision premiums covered
- Unlimited vacation & sick time (with 2 weeks/year minimum)
- $1,000 annual vacation reimbursement
- Flexible work hours
- Weekly team lunches and monthly team outings
- Commuter FSA
- Daily snacks, coffee and tea
- Lunch & learn presentations
- Unlimited startup war stories on demand
At Privy we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and were proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From