Who We Are
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 18 million items across home furnishings, decor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes from product discovery to final delivery.
The Network Management team was conceived to solve the challenging, cross-functional problems that are plentiful in a complex and flexible supply chain, and coordinate across groups to ensure that strategies, metrics, and goals are aligned. Delivery speed has consistently been shown to drive fundamental e-commerce metrics like add to cart, page views, and conversion. Being able to promise and enable that speed requires carefully choreographed activities like the determining time to deliver from carriers, operationalizing fulfillment with the current lead times, positioning transportation assets, positioning inventory within our global CastleGate Fulfillment Network and, last but not least, ensuring our dropship suppliers also position effectively to optimize for selection, speed, capacity, reliability, and cost.
Wayfair is looking for a passionate and accomplished leader with proven experience in engineering management, driving organizational change, and developing new, innovative ideas that will turn our Network Management function into a key differentiator for Wayfair and push the boundaries within the industry. As Head of Engineering Network Management, you will be asked to drive key initiatives to increase speed to customers and reduce cost to both suppliers and Wayfair. This is a unique role in Wayfair that operates at the intersection of network strategy, category planning, inventory replenishment, supply chain operations, and technology. A successful Head of Engineering Network Management will collaboratively work with Fulfillment Centers, Transportation, Partner Operations, and Supply Chain Technology.
What Youll Do
- Develop the technology that supports our comprehensive network strategy, integrated with the CastleGate fulfillment network and the suppliers drop-ship fulfillment network
- Refine the understanding of the value of the speed of delivery to our customers by product class by working with storefront, data science, and fulfillment optimization
- Improve the decision quality by increasing precision of cost used in the tradeoff from Asia, first mile to delivery
- Develop the nuanced inventory positioning and product flow strategy by product types for the CastleGate fulfillment network accounting for speed vs. cost tradeoff
- Guide industry-leading technology to replenish, forward position inventory and fulfill orders with optimal speed vs. cost tradeoff
- Develop the next generation platform that creates our operational network strategy for 0 - 24 months by site, by product types to respond to emerging opportunities, example forward positioning to improve 1-Day delivery
- Enable transformational cross-functional projects that are industry firsts, e.g. speed of delivery in large and bulk products
- Relentlessly focus and drive large scale transformational technology in operations and supply chain
What Youll Need
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline
- MBA or equivalent Masters degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience
- Proven track record of leadership, tenacity and accountability in driving results
- Excellent organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing and executing large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering, and modeling, problem-solving and communicating recommendations
- Inspire and motivate cross-functional teams across a broad range of levels to be highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.