Head of Marketing
TellusLabs is a 14-person company based in Davis Square. We’re using satellites and machine learning to build a living map of the world’s food supply.
The Planet Earth is an amazing, living thing. Its environment is a dynamic set of systems that provide abundant resources. Human civilization exists because of our ability to understand these systems and harvest their fruit. At TellusLabs, we’re creating technology that not only monitors changes, but anticipates them. We’re building a map of the planet’s resources that is just as dynamic as the planet itself, and we’ve started with food and agriculture.
We've been featured in MIT Tech Review and TechCrunch and have been recognized as a New England VC Company of the Year, MassChallenge Diamond Award Winner, FIA Innovator of the Year and Singularity University Global Grand Challenge Winner.
We’re looking for a Head of Marketing to help us tell the story of our technology to the world and connect that story to the needs of our customers (who include some of the worlds largest consumer goods companies, agribusinesses and financial institutions)!
As the Head of Marketing at TellusLabs, your responsibilities will include:
- Curating and communicating the brand of a science-led, mission-driven technology company
- Increasing the marketing footprint of our company - make us one of the best-known, highest-regarded startups in the world
- Transforming our broader go-to-market function into a data-fueled machine
- Identifying and connecting with potential new leads
- Working closely with a talented and passionate team of data scientists and engineers
- Dual-citizenship of Dictionopolis and Digitopolis
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years of marketing and/or analytics experience
- Excellent writing skills - particularly the ability to distill complicated concepts into clear language
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with web analytics programs such as Google Analytics, Hubspot and Heap
Other positive qualities
- Data science and/or analytics background
- Experience within a startup environment
- Experience leading marketing campaigns
- Ability to “pitch” prospective clients directly
- Familiarity with the consumer goods or agriculture industry
- Familiarity with commodities markets
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.