Office Tour Photos
Who We Are:
The Brand Development team is responsible for catapulting Wayfair into a leading and compelling brand of choice by continuing to build and evolve customer recognition and attachment to our brands, across all Wayfair stores, geographies, and lifestyle brands.
What Youll Do:
Reporting into the Head of Brand Development, you will have the incredible opportunity to lead our internal consumer research and insights team. This is a highly influential, global role that defines the learning agenda for the Brand organization (across each of our consumer brands and or professional business) and oversees the work that enables us to derive insights that inform macro brand priorities. This person partners with senior leaders across the business on two fronts: first, to drive action against the brand priorities notes above and second, to help inform other strategic initiatives with direct customer and consumer input.
This leader must be a left-brain/right-brain leader who is able to marry instinct and rigor. You have strong consumer intuition and the solid analytical foundation necessary to validate it. You are motivated by insight and hypothesis-led. You recognize perfect as the enemy of good and you are capable of making smart decisions based on limited data. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity in a dynamic, high-growth environment. You are a charismatic influencer, capable of mobilizing internal and external teams towards a common objective.
- Set the vision, direction, and strategy of Wayfairs research team. Own the approach, infrastructure, and implementation of consumer research.
- Drive action against insight. Socialize and empower the organization to understand customer needs deeply.
- Build agile, creative research methodologies to meet the needs of a fast growing, multi-faceted organization .
- Frame, structure, and synthesize complex data and information in order to craft the story and drive action.
- Partner with senior stakeholders across the organization to ensure we know our audience, that were educated on the needs were addressing and that were communicating with messages and offers that resonate.
- Oversee a team of analysts, researchers and managers
Who You Are:
- Endlessly curious, you push past the obvious to uncover deep consumer truths
- Crafty and creative, you know how to develop research solutions that are both scrappy and elicit decision-driving insights
- Skilled storyteller, you can synthesize behavioral attitudinal, and market data to create a holistic story with strong recommendations
- Highly collaborative, you can quickly establish credibility upwards and cross-functionally to impact decisions through both formal and informal influence
- Dynamic leader, you are a respected mentor of and champion for the insights team, leading by example and rolling up your sleeves to get stuff done
- Expert at prioritization, you can evaluate needs of multiple stakeholders and make decisions as to which research initiatives are (and are not) critical to the business
What Youll Need:
- MBA or advanced degree from a top tier school preferred
- 10-15 years relevant experience, preferably in management consulting or e-Commerce
- Proven track record of leadership and ownership, across a diverse set of responsibilities, with measurable results
- Experience in and passion for building high performance teams
- Well-rounded thinker who gets excited to use both the left and right brain
- Strong interest in consumer behavior and home furnishings a plus
More Jobs From