Head of Data Products
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology learning platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to innovate faster and create progress for the world.
Working at Pluralsight
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology. That everyone should have access to the skills of tomorrow. That technology can make the world a better place. Through the work we do everyday, we empower the people who power our world.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
We are making a significant investment in our data driven learning platform and products by growing existing and adding new teams in Boston. Pluralsight already offers the industry’s only adaptive skill and role assessment tool; leveraging innovative uses of statistics, item response theory, data and engineering to provide our proprietary Skill IQ and Role IQ. Growth is focused on teams responsible for the product’s Recommendation, Discovery and Search experiences as well as new innovative solutions within the platform.
We are seeking a leader with experience building diverse, talented and performance-oriented teams. Reporting into the Chief Experience Officer, in this role you will partner closely with local Product and Technology leaders to create Pluralsight’s future learning platform. Our technology organization has a culture of learning, continuously delivering value, high performance, and user centered design. We believe in highly autonomous cross-functional teams, leveraging technologies best suited to the problem. Our teams pair program, mob, do test driven development and have a devops mindset to deliver high quality and sustainable solutions.
As an organization we are committed to something bigger and always creating with possibility. As the Head of Data Products in our Boston office you will be the face of Pluralsight and help to build and develop a team of technologists who share our commitment to our values and mission. As a senior leader, you will be working closely with the entire Experience (Technology, Product, Content, etc.) organization to establish and execute our strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Play a critical role in growing our team from 25 to 150 over the next 2-3 years, especially our Machine Learning and Data technologists
- Effectively communicate vision and strategy to the organization in Boston, the executive team and the entire company. This will require demonstrated communication skills and the ability to speak effectively to strategy and implementation.
- Growing and mentoring our leaders in the Boston office while building on our strong and unique culture
- Drive delivery while fostering innovation and leveraging data and new technologies
- Engage in strategic conversations with business and technology executives to drive results for with our product roadmap
- Constantly think broadly about the Pluralsight vision in order to articulate and drive business value of technology initiatives.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and People organization to build out a world-class team in Boston
- Diagnose complex technical and business problems to drive project completion and innovative approaches to how we tackle them
- Actively represent Pluralsight by leading and participating in efforts around continuous learning, personal and professional development, community service and team building
Qualifications you'll need:
- 10+ years of experience growing, mentoring and motivating a performance-oriented delivery team
- Mission driven and passionate about having a lasting impact by driving key initiatives
- History of building strong organizations and developing leaders
- Experience leading technical teams including the development of strategies, implementing and integrating software, and managing complex projects
- Ability to work across matrixed organizations to make the right things happen
- A commitment to data driven decision making based upon quantitative and qualitative data inputs
- Experience leading teams that deliver data-centric experiences including but not limited to machine learning
- Mastery of all phases of the software development life cycle
- Exceptional business acumen across a variety of industries and business functions
- Strong local network of IT, Data and business executives
- Recognized as valued, trusted advisor in relationships with clients, colleagues, vendors, and other industry professionals
- Passionate and successful in mentoring others and developing their careers
- Committed to the craft of software, continuous delivery and team autonomy
Be Yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.