Office Tour Photos
Who We Are:
Wayfair is home to one of the retail industrys largest in-house creative agencies. The Creative Group is a world class team comprised of many disciplines designers, copywriters, stylists, editors, cinematographers, directors, producers and more. Our work fuels all forms of onsite and offsite marketing to and communication with our consumers from TV to online video to social, email, direct mail and more.
Who You Are:
Wayfairs Creative team is looking for a senior leader with a background in trend forecasting, interior styling, and visual merchandising to drive consistency across ad channels through product selection. You will define and drive an initiative around seasonal stylistic direction, helping determine which products we feature in our retail stores, broadcast creative, print catalogs, and more. Youll apply sales data and business objectives while interpreting design trends to make smart and stylish decisions. Its 70% art, 30% science. This role will lead a team of ~6, including experiential designers and video stylists with profiles at all levels of experience and autonomous ability.
Throughout your first six months, you can expect to spend a lot of time building strong relationships with buyers, art directors, photo studio creatives, marketers, and project managers, with the goal of creating a forward-looking, data-backed style calendar to drive product consistency across all ad channels. Youll travel to trade shows to understand the broad view of the market, marrying that to our promotional and assortment plan to uncover how to translate home design trends to our core demo. Within your first year, youll be responsible for training large international groups within Wayfair on how to communicate to our consumer through product selection and interior design.
Ideal candidates will thrive on the unexpected and have experience working through high-visibility projects with a lean but highly skilled team. Your ever-changing, day-to-day responsibilities will exercise all creative muscles; its essential that you are team oriented and resourceful, and dont view any individual responsibility as below or above your scope.
Candidates must submit a portfolio of work in order to be considered.
What Youll Do
- Oversee stylistic product direction for an array of ad channels, including retail, pop-ups, and broadcast video
- Lead and develop a team of 6-10 experience designers, production designers, and stylists
- Create a seasonal guide of products across all classes and categories through cross-functional partnership with buyers and marketers
- Work cross-functionally and partner with other business groups at Wayfair, including colleagues in EU to create global standards
- Seek and develop ways of helping the team work smarter, faster, and easier
What Youll Need
- Experience leading a creative team in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- A deep affinity for interior design, with an eye and understanding of trends
- Examples of relevant creative excellence in a portfolio
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to successfully interact with all levels of the organization
- A wealth of curiosity and a high-tolerance for calculated risk
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From