Office Tour Photos
Are you capable of being a revolutionary accounting executive at a rapidly growing, soon to be $9 billion technology company? Were looking for someone to lead a best-in-class accounting function with a business-first orientation in a rapid growth environment. The fact weve been called one of Americas Best Employers by Forbes, the Top Place to Work by the Boston Globe, and test and launch new business lines on a regular basis make it exciting too.
A successful leader will be responsible for all core accounting, including overseeing financial statement preparation and leading successful audits in compliance with U.S. GAAP. But thats just the basics. We also need a trusted business partner to fast-moving leaders across the org; someone who can set and execute a multi-year vision that tests the boundaries of traditional accounting infrastructure; someone who can lead a 20+ person team of experienced CPAs.
What makes Wayfair unique:
- Consistent rapid growth; from $1 billion of revenue in 2013 to a run rate of $9 billion this year.
- Global scale, but with a nimble, startup environment.
- A culture that thrives on constant evolution. We are transforming an industry, so change is part of our DNA.
- Access to a dedicated team of 50+ Engineers and Business Intelligence professionals to ensure we have the right tools to scale as fast as we need to.
What You'll Do
- Lead the core financial close and technical accounting teams that prepare the monthly and quarterly close financials and related control documentation.
- Manage quarterly reviews and annual audits with external auditor.
- Design and oversee execution of global SOX internal controls.
- Manage the global tax function, including tax strategy, income tax, and sales and use taxes.
- Mentor a high caliber team of CPAs.
- Develop monthly KPIs for executive leaders and report progress on key transformational initiatives.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders, including the Audit Committee, Corporate Finance, and other key business teams internally.
What You'll Need
- CPA required, with strong technical and operational accounting knowledge.
- Experience at Big 4 public accounting firm
- Previous experience at a large public company a plus.
- The ability to break down large, complex, ambiguous goals into manageable pieces for the team.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- The ability to create a multi-year vision and to lead a large team to accomplish it.
- Extremely organized with exceptional project management skills.
- Comfortable with creating new processes from scratch, and re-inventing existing processes.
- Senior presence with thoughtful, articulate communication style adaptable to the audience.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From