From expressing our brand vision and ethos to helping consumers find the best solutions and product for their daily routine, our Director, Content is a skilled and artful storyteller who weaves together content and commerce. S/he has the vision for full funnel experiences and ability to operationalize it across marketing vehicles with a customer first mindset.
We are looking for an experienced marketing leader to create useful information and stories that are central to the pet parent lifestyle. This role is responsible for the creation, delivery and distribution of multimedia content experience to reach new pet parents and current customers.
This role will be accountable for leading the editorial and content marketing teams to deliver the content calendar comprised of campaign and evergreen content. This role will oversee our blog and continue to elevate content experiences while expanding into more communities, distribution channels and media partnerships.
Editorial, Voice and Creative
- Rooted in our brand purpose, develop a differentiated editorial strategy and calendar that connects Chewy to millennial consumers via lifestyle, culture, and pet parenting advice.
- Lead the editorial teams to artfully construct stories and determine the right media experience to bring dimension to the narrative
- Manage the blog with UX, product and technical acumen
- Develop framework to build audience and readership
- Leverage SEO best practices to ensure content is discoverable and relevant to audiences
- Provide an analytical perspective on channel performance with KPI framework and engagement metrics that are appropriate to the channels and our goals.
- Continually optimize engagements against metrics, provide the right levels of reporting
- Translate data into insights to inform content creation, and distribution investment
Content Marketing and Distribution
- Manage content as a product to drive ongoing engagement with customers
- Develop the roadmap for content that aligns against evergreen, brand campaigns, and integrated marketing initiatives.
- Develop mechanism to bring in other peoples voices to be a part of the Chewy experience
- Establish strategic partnerships to create association and reach audiences
- Develop content programs that resonates with pet parent experience and pet lifestage
Management and Operations
- Develop the operating model to create premium long and short form content that consistently speaks in the Chewy voice while delivering at scale and efficiently.
- Mentor, lead and improve the team
- Establish strong working relationships with collaborators in brand, marketing, creative services, product management, SEO, merchandising and other related functions
- Regularly provide insights and metrics reporting to senior leadership establishing Content as a effective vehicle to build the brand and drive loyal engagement.
- Experience with creating, launching and/or revamping content to tell a new stories to new audiences
- Proven track record delivering content for consumer lifestyle and emotive brands
- Retail/ecommerce, including current industry trends
- Experience directing content experiences for a variety of digital marketing channels
- Exceptional writing and/or editor skills in your own right.
- Experience handling budgets and formulating resourcing plans
- Ability to be data guided and insights driven
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Natural collaborator comfortable organizing and navigating across groups
- High bar for creative excellence
Chewy is revolutionizing the pet industry as one of the fastest growing e-commerce retailer of all time. We offer a convenient way to shop for pet supplies within a highly personalized experience that's fueled by superior customer care. Headquartered in South Florida and Boston, our team of over 12,000 members-dispersed across our customer service centers, corporate offices and fulfillment centers-dedicate themselves to delivering pet happiness nationwide. Whether it's our easy-to-use website, great selection of high-quality products, competitive pricing, speedy deliveries, or award-winning 24/7 customer service, we aim to wow our customers in all aspects of our company. Chewy's environment is dynamic and faster than anything you've ever experienced, built for leaders who thrive on delivering results. We believe in leadership, accountability, relentlessness, and creativity. We work hard with a dogged determination, but we have fun, too-that's not hard to do when we have our favorite four-legged friends by our side.