Hardware Validation Engineer
Superpedestrian is seeking an experienced Hardware Validation Engineer to lead the verification and validation of its electric vehicle systems (shared scooters and e-bikes) to ensure the company's internal quality metrics and regulatory compliance are met.
The ideal candidate will have experience with validation of electronic hardware and electromechanical systems involving batteries, motors, and sensors. This role is based in our Cambridge, MA office.
What youll do:
- Create and supervise the implementation of validation and test plans for prototype and production level electronic modules as well as complete systems.
- Hands-on execution of validation and test plans, both in Superpedestrian's own lab and at external test facilities.
- Hardware and system-level debugging of any validation and test deficiencies found.
- Suggest improvements to any aspect of the hardware or software design.
- Engage in cross-company collaboration between electrical, mechanical, firmware, manufacturing and other teams.
What were looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a BS in Electronic or Electrical Engineering or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated successful experience as part of a team shipping electronic and electromechanical products in volume.
- Strong electronics knowledge at component level is a hard requirement along with experience and ability to debug noise, power quality, signal integrity, immunity issues, etc.
- Experience defining and implementing ongoing reliability and quality testing.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance standards and experience working with external test laboratories is a strong plus.
- Experience with electric propulsion systems, energy storage (batteries), and dynamic assemblies is a strong plus.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced start-up environment.
You must be a US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident to be considered for this role.