Office Tour Photos
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our printers sit in the middle of an interdependent ecosystem of software, mechanical, and electrical components. Ensuring printer success requires deep technical knowledge of the product as well as an ever-evolving understanding of how the product behaves in the field.
This role involves supporting all parts of the product development cycle from early R+D to continuing engineering for shipped products. In addition, youll collaborate closely with design teams to overcome cross-disciplinary problems and ensure that we ship quality products. If youre eager to collaborate with other Systems Integration Engineers to support the full range of Formlabs products, we want you as a Hardware Systems Integration Engineer.
- Bring together the firmware and hardware of the subsystems into one system, ensure that they work optimally as per requirements and deliver physical prototypes
- Partner with system architect to create and document visual descriptions of systems and subsystems and their inputs and outputs.
- Establish the interfaces between the sub-systems, define/refine control algorithms or even design sub-systems that are electro-mechanical in nature.
- Take ownership of managing sub-system/system level requirements and track changes.
- Design test plans to validate the requirements of subsystems/entire system, execute the tests and analyze the results.
- Resolve systems issues to improve their performance or recommend corrective actions to the functional group.
- Have previous experience (3+ years) designing complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of motion control, sensors and control algorithms.
- Experience managing system and subsystem requirements.
- Well versed in hardware debugging and passionate about understanding why things work (or dont)
- Scripting experience with Python (preferred), Labview, Matlab, etc.
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Familiarity with low-level embedded firmware (C++ prefer)
- Experience in data analysis and reporting
- Experience with consumer electronics
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
More Jobs From