Office Tour Photos
6 River Systems is disrupting a hundred billion dollar industry with a new approach to warehouse automation and a strategic vision of building a Global Fulfillment Network. Founded in 2015, and now backed by Shopify, a publicly traded company, we have developed a solution built on proprietary AI, mobile robots and cloud-based enterprise software. Our solution is half the cost of traditional automation and 2-3x faster than manual, cart pick operations.
Our culture is built on trust, smarts, and collaboration. We have a West Coast vibe with Northeast drive. As a team, we encourage open discussion about particularly challenging problems. We are as passionate about hiring the right people as we are about building great products.
We are searching for an experienced Hardware Product Manager to help own and drive the Hardware Product Roadmap to support our company vision of building a Global Fulfillment Network for eCommerce warehouse operations. This role is about great communication, teamwork and owning and driving the hardware product vision and execution from start to finish! Working in close partnership with the Software, Product and Hardware Engineering teams, you will be responsible for identifying new product opportunities, conducting market research and assessing product/market fit. Building and communicating a compelling business case and influencing key stakeholders from across the business to rally behind your vision and securing required resources will be a critical success factor. Ideally, you should have domain knowledge of Robotics, Consumer Electronics or Automated Materials Handling so you can design products that closely meet our B2B customers needs. You are expected to be capable of quickly learning to manage the end-to-end product management life-cycle for technically complex warehouse fulfillment hardware solutions, from ideation and requirements gathering to prioritization, implementation, and ongoing performance optimization and feature enhancements. Your success will be driven by your thought leadership, drive and effective collaboration with other teams across the whole organization.
In this role you must be able to leverage your own experience, insights from customers, competitors and data to create a hardware product strategy that will improve the customer experience, support company priorities and business goals. You will be responsible for developing hardware product ideas that contribute to new automated fulfillment solutions, and ensuring that we are pushing the bounds of creativity and innovation while consistently executing at a high level. You will work cross functionally with internal partners and senior leadership, making appropriate product-related tradeoffs and continuously measuring the success of the initiatives to inform future product and roadmap decisions.
In a "typical" day you could be interfacing with customers to gather feedback on existing products, conducting market research, writing detailed user stories and product requirements, re-balancing the Hardware Engineering team's work based on changing priorities and deadlines and holding stakeholder update meetings. Our environment/culture is fast-paced, collaborative and encourages innovation and creativity.. The ideal candidate will be able to grow with the company and take on additional leadership roles over time. This is a unique opportunity; you will have an immediate impact on the success and growth of our company.
This role reports to the VP of Product Management, and is an integral part of our fast growing Product team.
- Own and drive all aspects of the product lifecycle including stakeholder engagement/management, product ideation, definition and prioritization, overseeing development and implementation and ongoing strategic roadmap management
- Be the customer champion, using data and customer feedback to inform product and roadmap decisions
- Monitor performance of the Hardware teams initiatives and measure the impact of product features, enhancements and strategic projects to drive continuous performance improvements
- Work closely with leaders from across the organization to ensure the successful development, deployment and ongoing support of products within the hardware portfolio
- Communicate your product vision and roadmap to key stakeholders throughout the organization - influencing to attain support and resources to execute
- 3-5 years background in Hardware Product Management, ideally in the Robotics, Consumer Electronics or Automated Materials Handling space
- Bachelors degree in either a technology or business discipline
- Fast Learner with strong communication and influencing skills
- Highly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Strong core product management skills with the ability to get things done in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities and resource constraints
- Ability to think strategically and tactically and make quick, data driven decisions/tradeoffs
- Evidence of scrappy startup execution and get it done attitude
Position requires minimal travel (<10%) to customer sites in North America and Europe.
More Jobs From