Love dogs? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? Were looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
As a Growth Marketer, you will help identify opportunities within the customer lifecycle and execute marketing tactics that drive qualified leads, sales, brand equity, and customer engagement and retention.
You will support the growth marketing team to discover opportunities and run experiments to validate new ideas and pressure test current practices that help scale the business. You have a passion for data-driven decision making and will work directly with senior leadership to interpret results and drive channel performance.
This is a cross-functional role in which you will build emails and coordinate CRM marketing campaigns and flows for Embark users and prospective customers. You will be responsible for creating and monitoring a wide variety of email campaigns (sales, transactional, newsletter, and more) partnering with in-house creative and content teams, and ensuring design and layout of emails is user friendly.
- Work closely with our content, creative and product teams to help develop and execute email campaigns focused on driving sales, engagement, subscriber growth and customer retention
- Come up with ideas for and plan email campaigns to hit ambitious goals
- Optimize website and campaigns for qualified lead generation
- Build event-driven automations that align with and improve the customer journey
- Learn and understand the entire Embark customer journey from discovery to advocate and identify key opportunities to message users and prospects at high conversion points
- Run tests, report on and analyze campaigns for optimal performance
- Proofread and QA emails for clarity, grammar, spelling and brand image
- Promote a customer-centric brand through a metrics-driven culture across the company
- Suggest methods for improvement and potential product enhancements to elevate the customer experience
- 2-5 years of hands-on experience in consumer email marketing, with demonstrated success driving sales growth and customer engagement.
- Prior experience in email/lifecycle marketing and lead nurturing
- Proficient using marketing CRM & automation technology such as Iterable or Klaviyo
- Experience with dynamic content and event-triggered automations
- Understanding of email creative best practices and desktop/mobile email templates
- Design skills to build from and create email templates both independently and with in-house creative teams
- Experience with advanced segmentation and targeting in a large customer database
- Strong attention to detail, planning and QA
- Understanding of email analytics and KPIs
- Working knowledge of basic HTML/CSS
- Basic understanding of SQL is a plus
- Experience with loyalty and referral programs is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of curiosity and investigative mindset with an attention to detail
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Willingness to dive in and learn something new
What We Can Offer:
At Embark, we might be dog lovers, but were passionate about people too. Were committed to building an inclusive culture where all employees can belong and flourish. Here are some of our benefits and perks:
- A flexible vacation policy so you can take off the time you need when you need it
- Paid maternal and paternal leave (plus paw-ternity leave for new pets)
- Every other Friday off each summer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston (when we get back to the office), with some flexibility (eg work from home 2 days a week, flexibility around child care needs, etc)
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized pet insurance and dog-walking services
- Startup perks with big-company benefits (401k match, a generous bonus structure, commuter benefits, top-of-the-line healthcare, HSA/FSA)
- Competitive salaries and equity participation every employee gets stock options
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education, including attending conferences and company-provided resources to help with individual growth and development
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.