Love dogs? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? Were looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
As a Growth Analyst, you will help (re)define our growth strategy. Using data analysis, you will explore opportunities and run experiments to validate new ideas and pressure test current practices. You are the champion of marketing attribution, sales forecasting, and data-driven decision making.
- Own dashboards covering KPIs across departments.
- Help define our Growth and Product strategy by uncovering insights through exploratory analysis.
- Own the experiment and learnings playbook by running growth-specific experiments and analysis, and helping other teams across the company execute their own experiments.
- Help marketing managers understand the impact of marketing initiatives and where there is an opportunity to grow or be more efficient.
- Support key product launches by defining success criteria and conducting analysis.
- Drive strategic planning with senior leadership, ensuring that day-to-day and near-term work aligns with our long-term strategy.
- Accurately forecast marketing sales and contribution by channel.
- Own the marketing attribution model.
- Promote a metrics-driven culture across the company.
- 2-5 years of experience in BI/analytics, with a track record of delivering analytics solutions supporting business decisions.
- Proficient in SQL. Ability to write SQL to query complex data structure.
- Experience with consumer e-commerce marketing.
- Solid understanding of statistical methods and modeling.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level of curiosity and investigative mindset with an attention to detail
- Experience using large databases to solve problems
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a high growth, rapidly changing environment.
- Hands-on experience with paid marketing channels preferred.
What we offer
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.