Group Product Manager, Shopping
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Group Product Manager, Shopping
Based in Needham, MA at TripAdvisors HQ and reporting to the Director of Globalization, we are looking for an experienced Group Product Manager (GPM) to drive the growth and success of the new TripAdvisor Shopping product globally.
Shopping is a huge reason for travel across APAC and other markets around the world, and is one of the biggest sources of spending when on vacation. TripAdvisor wants to provide its users with a single, best in class product, that allows travellers to research and find the best places to shop and things to buy when travelling. In addition, many shops and brands want to be exposed to the TripAdvisor community of travellers who are looking for the best places to shop and things to buy and many are willing to pay for that exposure.
In 2018 the Globalization team launched a new curated shopping product in a small group of cities and proved that the revenue model was viable and had potential to scale into the tens of millions of dollars annually. In 2019 were looking for a GPM to accelerate sales and market expansion as well as improve the products utility in order to lay the foundations necessary for us to hit the ambitious revenue goals we have for Shopping over the next 1-3 years.
You should have experience and the desire to:
- Lead large-scale new product initiatives from cover to cover. This means seeking out unmet user needs, determining how pervasive they are, evaluating technical feasibility and forecasting the possible benefits.
- Well be looking at you to create roadmaps and backlogs that support multiple threads of work and execute against them.
- Ruthlessly prioritizing what to focus on and when. There are endless ways we can improve our product for both users and shops. As the GPM of shopping, we will rely on you to size and prioritise the opportunities, to maximise our ROI in the short and long term, and strike the right balance between short term wins and longer term investments.
- Support and lead product development. As a both a contributor and leader, ensure that were clearly communicating the problem were trying to solve and how were measuring our success to key members of the team: PMs, developers, designers and other supporting roles.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate. With dozens of stakeholders in APAC and at HQ (including Engineering and design) and millions of existing and potential shoppers standing to be impacted by your decisions, you should be able to resolve conflict, communicate transparently and pursue feedback quickly and effectively, as well as removing roadblocks that you team face.
- Be critical and never settle. We move quickly and are always looking at the performance of our product to determine whats in or out of a feature or release. You should, with grim satisfaction, look forward to communicating what we shouldnt build.
- Question the status quo. Theres an abundance of ways we can work smarter, better and faster as we evolve as a product organization and were looking at you to identify them.
- Be an influential leader who not only delivers great products, but also enables the teams skills and aspirations to scale with the business.
- Be flexible with your time and understanding of different practices and cultures. This is a truly global team with colleagues in London, Needham, Seattle, Singapore and Tokyo, so find ways to communicate in person and negate the impact of timezones is essential for success.
Were looking for someone who:
- Has 6+ years of Product Management experience, ideally with a global focus.
- Has a BS/BA or equivalent experience (MBAs are great but not a requirement).
- Knows their way around data: collecting, reporting and sharing it.
- Uses a combination of metrics, research and intuition to evaluate opportunities, establish roadmaps and build solutions.
- Ensures that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner, acknowledging mistakes, learning from them and always moving forward productively.
- Must be great team player that works well in collaborative situations
- Exercises good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business