Group Product Manager
In 2007, two software engineers and serial entrepreneurs founded a technology company, ezCater. ezCater is the worlds largest online marketplace for catering a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. Were backed by $320 million in venture funding and valued at over $1 billion. Our mission is to power the worlds catering, and well make it happen even more surely if you come help us.
Were a multi-sided marketplace connecting individual B2B buyers and entire companies with restaurants and delivery partners. Each side of our marketplace feels, correctly, that its #1 in our hearts. Your focus will be on building a holistic suite of tools for our caterer platform, ezManage (and more!)
What you'll do:
Translate learnings into action
- Deeply understand the market landscape and needs of our catering partners
- Collaborate with the business, design, research and engineering teams to assess value, usability, and feasibility of new product and feature offerings
- Maximize velocity of learning so well quickly know if were focused on the right things
Be a leader at the team and squad level
- Be a strong voice in defining what we should build and why, given the intersection of catering partner needs and market opportunities
- Manage 2-3 PMs in your product area
- Ensure solutions can be translated into elegant, scalable software
- Guide cross-functional teams in a highly iterative, rapidly evolving agile environment
- Build and maintain a strong team culture that balances results and relationships
- Effectively communicate your ideas, plans, successes and learnings within the product organization, and to stakeholders outside it
- Own the roadmap for your area of the product
- Create and monitor the metrics that measure and define success for your product area
- Build product that deeply satisfies the needs of our catering partners
- Clearly articulate how your work maps to the business priorities theyre helping to drive
- Operate with a bias for speed and growing quickly
- 7+ years of relevant product management experience
- Experience managing people
- Substantial experience working directly with agile development teams
- Experience in user research, bolstered by heartfelt empathy for B2B users
- Solid understanding of UI/UX design
- A healthy dose of creativity surrounded by guardrails of data
- A highly collaborative approach, supported by excellent communication and organizational skills
- A solid understanding of applicable web technologies
What youll get from us:
Importantly, youll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and heres what else youll get: Market salary, stock options youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office smack-dab in Bostons Downtown Crossing, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.