Position: Graphic Designer
Knovva Academy is an education startup that strives to provide the best in blended learning and project-based education. We work with students from around the world, online and in-person, to prepare them to meet the academic and professional demands of the 21st century. Located in Boston’s innovative Seaport District, we offer employees an exciting, entrepreneurial, diverse environment with lots of learning and future-growth opportunities.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for assisting in the support of Knovva brand communications across all channels. This position helps to execute visual solutions and develop content across digital and print media that engage all audiences: clients and prospective clients, partners, and funders. Apply brand standards across all materials to ensure a consistently high-quality work that meets specifications. Collaborate with project managers and VP of Creative to create high-impact, effective communications designs. Contribute to social media content creation. Perform other related duties as assigned from time to time.
● Translate business and product requirements into visually beautiful concepts and highly-usable responsive experiences.
● Be flexible and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
● Contribute to the development of a range of creative executions for each project while meeting tight deadlines
● Design marketing materials, sales support materials, catalogs, brand marketing materials and advertisements
● Provide direct support for creative team
● Bachelor’s degree preferred, Minimum of an Associate’s degree or two years of college coursework in graphic design, visual/communication
● 2-4 years work experience as a creative designer, graphic designer or similar role.
● A strong portfolio demonstrating visual design competency
● Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite as well as Interactive Media skills and some familiarity with MS office and web tool (CSS, HTML)
● Experience with UI/UX design and web tool and/or video production/editing is a plus
● Ability to be detail-oriented, well organized, with excellent time-management skills
The Graphic Designer is a full-time position based in Knovva Academy’s office in the Seaport neighborhood of Boston. This is not a remote position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Extensive travel is not currently expected. Must be authorized to work in the United States; sponsorship is not being offered at this time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as defined by federal, state or local law. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply: Please submit your résumé along with a cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls, please.